• Watkins
    • Olsen (Martínez 45)
    • Chambers (Young 66)
    • Digne (Moreno 66)
    • Traoré (Dendoncker 66)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/04/23 at 18:00

9 unbeaten is not to be sniffed at. Thought Ollie, McGinn, Ramsey, Mings in particular well off it today. Buendia and Dougie brilliant again, Martinez flawless. Good to get out of there with a point after Olsen had to come on, they played well and put us under plenty of pressure and were well worth their point

Interesting as I thought this would be the game that Newcastle would play. Tight mid block, compress the space and use the strength to roll our smaller players receiving the ball in tight spaces. Let Mings and Konsa have the ball in the final third.  

This is where we miss a vertical threat (Bailey/Duran) to get in behind with a diagonal run like Brentford were doing us. A game where it harmed us that mcginn/JJ/Buendia are too similar. 

Moreno pinned back by Mbuembo and found no joy. Really only got a point because Brentford were gassed at the end.  

It is what it is. Stay humble, improve and 3 points home at Fulham. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

it's a measure of how well we've done that it has come to feel disappointing, when it is a good point. It's just that sniff of big riches that inflated hopes a little unrealistically I guess. Still, plenty to play for and enjoy. I'm conscious my initial post probably seems a little too negative

• Like 3

Surprised Buendia has so many votes, he was boiling my piss today.  So wasteful and then had the nerve to go mental twice at others.  I wonder if he actually made a successful pass to Ollie.  I'll take the result in the end because we weren't at the races today, Brentford were tactically very good and decent at those cheeky fouls around halfway.

Â