Pre Match Thread Part II Cup final 1 of 10 for the CL

TheAuthority

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Just feels like it is never easy and they get an awful amount of luck against us!

They were extremely lucky in last game, our mistakes cost us goals.  The good thing is we have a manager now who will learn from his mistakes, rather than doing the exact same thing again expecting different results.

We got into big trouble that day at VP v Leicester with our playing out from the back (from short goal kicks). But we've still been playing it out from the back since that game only doing it better thank goodness, from plenty of practice in training I guess. I don't see Emery abandoning this way of playing as it's an integral part of his tactics philosophy, to keep possession more, and he said so in a recent interview. He's simply trying to get the team to do it better than that awful day.

Edited by robby b

22 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

At twenty to twelve, I am going downstairs to watch the game. Not coming back to VT today unless we win.

See ya soon :thumb:;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never enjoy playing Leicester. One of those sides that fairly often seem to just have our number. And Iheanacho always scores against us.

A reaction to the home game please.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

do you mean the villa thing from the most recent 5 matches?  or the villa thing from the most recent 5 years?

I think he means the Villa thing from the last 25 years that’s scarred us all so deeply. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Is nobody predicting a draw? It’s either heaven or hell for Villa fans. I’ll go draw 1-1

Only Arsenal have drawn fewer games (3) than Leicester (4). Only Arsenal, Leicester and Man City (4) have drawn fewer games than Villa (5).

So yeah, nailed on draw tbh.