Pre Match Thread Part II Cup final 1 of 10 for the CL

TheAuthority

50 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

He’ll be a good appointment for them if he goes to them 

Just don't give him half a billion pounds heh ...

I hope they sign Potter today. We'll beat him twice in four days.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

They have one training day to work on anything different and without Rodgers, assuming they had a recovery day yesterday.

We owe them one for the 4-2 defeat a couple of months ago, I think if we can score early on it could be a right tonking.

• Like 2

We are the form team and they are having an absolute mare, I'll be really disappointed if we lose this one it'll be 3 wasted points. We deserve 15 more points this season this should be 3 of them.

When I saw at half time of the Palace/Leicester that Palace had 20+ shots I was feeling confident for this game and that was before the Chelsea result. With Rodgers being sacked, there isn't really much time for anything to change in regards to coaching/getting them ready for this game but I do feel the players are going to want show that Rodgers was the problem so i'm wary of being on the receiving end of an Aaron Danks style Brentford result. 

Won't be easy, wouldn't be surprised if this is similar to the Forest/Newcastle game we saw before the international break and we have to fight hard for the result as they are more desperate for the points then Villa are.

I still expect the club to finish 10th/11th this season and anything above that is a bonus but if we do manage to beat Leicester and Forest (probably another fixture where we will be facing a club without a manager if they lose to Leeds) then I will start thinking about challenging for the European places.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

They DONT have a new manager bounce,so it should not be too hard to win ( as long as we dont take a win for granted ) Im confident U.I will work something out.

True, they don't have a new manager bounce in that they don't have a new manager just yet... but I guess they have an 'about to get a new manager bounce', or a 'no manager bounce', so I think we'll still have to play really well.

On 01/04/2023 at 20:36, TheAuthority said:

When we needed to win 10 in a row in the Champo I started prematch threads with Cup final 1of 10 etc.

Worked then - Champions League here we come!

Ha! I remember it well. That was an amazing run!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

They have one training day to work on anything different and without Rodgers, assuming they had a recovery day yesterday.

We owe them one for the 4-2 defeat a couple of months ago, I think if we can score early on it could be a right tonking.

Yeah if we score first and they have to go at us we might get a bag full.

Interesting one this. Definitely not cocky going into it. Games against Leicester always seem to be utterly mental unless my memory is deceiving me. We can and should definitely be confident and one of the interesting factors will be how we handle being the form team.  Interestingly, the bookies still make Leicester narrow favourites. 6/4 v 7/4. We could've done with Rodgers still being there, but the way we're playing at the moment, especially away from home, I have no fear of this.

I'll go 1-3 Villa. A London bus display from McGinn. You wait so long and then 2 goals come along at once :) 

• Like 2

I'm feeling nervous for this one for two reasons. 1) after they turned us over at home (albeit I think offensively we played quite well and could easily have at least drawn the game) and 2) we're on the crest of a wave and I'm just so used to this club bringing me back down to earth with a bump. I don't know what to expect but I do feel comforted knowing that Unai has put 110% into coming up with a plan to get the 3 points and that we won't be relying on "individuals" or "moments" to do the job.