Pre Match Thread Part II Cup final 1 of 10 for the CL

TheAuthority

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A win in this one would put us 7th.

7th.

Actually if everything goes our way we could be 6th.

But if we mess up again against Leicester we could be back to 11th.

As the tread topic say, every match now will be like a cup final. As long as we keep winning we can keep on dreaming.

• Like 3

Got to be careful how we manage the players this week. McGinn has played 3 x 90 in 8 days so far .  . 

Youngy looked knackered as well. Kamara might be out . 

But we are the Villa.  Will beat them wirh 7 fit players if we have to. All the pressure on Leicester . 

Man mark Maddison. Everything comes through him. They are as reliant on him as we were on Grealish . Or play Dendoncker from the start  get him to rake Maddisons Achilles so he gets a yellow. And then sub him for Boubs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

This got Banana Skin all over it
On form, confidence and paper we should be winning this one. 

Why banana skin ? We should win, why not accept it ?

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

A win in this one would put us 7th.

7th.

Blimey. I don't know if I could cope with 7th. I've got so used to 11th. 

That's a big change suddenly. 😓 Maybe 7th would be a bit outside my comfort zone. :s

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Get tight on Maddison and not take short goal kicks and we win this. That was the main reason we lost at VP.

Iheanacho will probably get his usual testimonial goal v us but I fancy a 1-2 win.

But the thing is Unai is very stubborn with short goal kicks, playing out from the back, as a way for us to maximise possesion. It's his way, a big part of his football philosophy. I don't see him changing it suddenly for this game just because we f***** it up the last time we played them.

• Like 1

Can't lie; playing out from the back and drawing the opposition onto us makes me very nervous especially when the likes of Tyrone has an occasional, over-casual brain fart in his locker or one of the back four/five slips.

It just invites pressure. Sure, it looks great when it works and progress is made up the park but I just don't like it.