Pre Match Thread Part II Cup final 1 of 10 for the CL

TheAuthority

Saw this on the BBC predictor thing:

When we played Villa a few weeks ago, we ended up drawing 1-1 but I cannot remember watching a more frustrating side, and I mean that as a compliment. They sat back and passed it around and really sucked the energy out of us and I can see them doing the same at King Power Stadium, no matter how lively the Leicester players and fans are to begin with. They are a horrible team to face when you are desperate. 0-2

Interesting point from a West Ham fan. They will come flying out and we will do all we can to patiently pass the ball around at the back and take the sting out of it. Fancy us 2-1 tonight. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think a loss ends any CL chances, but we’re only 2 points of 7th and 7th is still Europe right? If I’m remembering correctly

As one of the resident pedants I feel obliged to say you are right, unless Sheffield United win the FA Cup, in which case Europe is down to 6th.

• Thanks 1

Leicester fan thoughts:

The most I've looked forward to a Leicester game since the Cup final

Think we'll be better but I'm not expecting to blow Villa away, like some.

We genuinely don't have a very good side, especially the back line. Sadler isn't gonna make KDH and Ndidi able to pass the ball, Faes and Kristiansen keep their heads, Tete take on a man.

I feel like a black cloud has lifted over the squad. 

Get back to some strengths. Press the opposition like we used to. Much earlier balls out from the back, even the occasional hoof to unsettle any opposition high line, we've still got pace to exploit teams. 

Still can't see anything other than a Villa win. Their confidence will be high and they should be looking up the league table now.

I’m expecting an atmosphere akin Liverpool at home- Shakey’s first game. Kristiansen to do a Fuchs early on.

The stadium will be rocking, the shackles will be off, Tete to be allowed to actually run at players, 3-1 Leicester, Vardy back on the scoresheet, and Leicester just back. 

Emery's a superb manager. It's gonna be a tough ask tonight but player on player we at least match them imo

Biggest game since the FA Cup final tomorrow in my opinion. We both need a performance that gives us all some hope, and a win, although Villa are decent and confident.

It is undoubtedly time for all of us to get off our arses and make some considerable noise, too. All of us.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, wict01 said:

Had a quick gander at their forum, and since Rodgers' departure was announced they're far more confident and quite a few think they'll "slap" us

Vardy been on the vodka red bulls again?

1 hour ago, BOF said:

As one of the resident pedants I feel obliged to say you are right, unless Sheffield United win the FA Cup, in which case Europe is down to 6th.

Always hated those Blades! Boooo! 

30 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Leicester fan thoughts:

Cheers for that.  Thing is they're clearly in a false position given the players they've got in that team, so I certainly won't be sneering at any optimism the fans might have. As fans they should be trying to be positive, especially with what they've managed to do against us in the recent past. They're a wounded animal, and the likes of Maddison and Iheanacho can hurt you. But I expect us to apply ourselves properly under Emery. It's nice to know Leicester will be facing a very good Villa. That's certainly something we've not been confident of in the other matches against them.

• Like 1

Officials

Referee: Graham Scott.
Assistants: Steven Meredith, Samuel Lewis.
Fourth official: Peter Bankes.
VAR: Neil Swarbrick.
Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan.

We've not had Graham Scott ref us in the league this season.

He reffed us once last season, when Spurs came to Villa Park and Son scored a hattrick in a 4-0.

I'm hoping, with our excellent new manager, that we won't piss our chance to catch the teams above us up the wall like we do so regularly.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Next two games are against the team with the worst home record and the one with the worst away record. Lets hope unai can exorcise our demons as these are they kind of opportunities we **** up.

Sorry to be pedantic but second worst home record. Southampton worst. 

We should be beating them but they are desperate for a result and may got a bit of a bounce like we did against Brentford when Gerrard was sacked.  

We should have spanked them in the home game really. Was one of the strangest games I’ve ever seen at VP.  Emery won’t let anything like that happen again. 

• Thanks 1

I feel like we need to win this just so that I can feel like we've finally shaken the Villa curse of beating a decent side (!) only to lose to a poor team the following week. 

If we do manage it, it'll be massive in terms of our top 6/7 ambitions (though to be fair, I think that if we can get a strong top half finish, that'd be a good season, all things considered). Leicester do have some dangerous players and have had a decent record against us in recent times. Though, we seem to be shaking old habits lately, so just maybe...

5 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Awesome. I've bagged a ticket in the home end, will be nice to sneak off home with 3 points and a free pint off these b******s😀

FYI - The beer and cake collection points are OUTSIDE the ground and you must collect by 7.15 at the latest.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3125451/gifts-for-supporters-to-mark-khun-vichais-birthday?lang=en

Edited by ender4