Pre Match Thread Part II Cup final 1 of 10 for the CL

TheAuthority

It's pretty much the same as when we went to Everton last season. They had Duncan Ferguson in as caretaker and then gave Lampard the job on the following Monday.

They'll come at us for first 20 minutes but keep it 0-0 and then get infront and I think we'll be o.k.

• Like 2

The feeling from their fans is that it will lift a huge cloud.  Kind of like us when we battered Brentford. Fans will be up for it as well. 

We will see what our team are made of on Tuesday now. An unleashed Leicester vs the Villa. 

Also Maddison has been shit in recent  games as if he doesnt want to get injured and ruin a move in the summer . 

A good barometer of where we are as a team coming up

59 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Typical. I was hoping for a win. Now it gets more difficult 

Nothing has changed.  They beat us with Rodgers before , was everyone thinking we were going to demolish them if Rodgers was still there? 

Emery will adjust.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I agree.. Passing it around the back is basically just for making us look more attractive, it's dangerous and does not work, especially when Mings is playing. I mean, just look at our results since we started passing it around the back, clearly not working...

Did I say it hadn't worked ? Read my post again before you get all sarcastic. 

The nature of this league is such that every team has players that can hurt you, so you generally can't really consider any game either a gimme or a lost cause regardless of the situation that a team find themselves in.

The thing with Leicester is that it's not like they struggle for goals and are out of ideas, they just can't defend through a combination of personnel and disorganisation. When a team loses their manager you'd be worried about playing them because they'll have more of a freedom about them e.g. Villa vs Brentford earlier this season, but that doesn't really apply to Leicester here so I doubt it'll be too different a game than if Rodgers were still there anyway.

I'm just enjoying the run at the moment while it's happening, not going in with huge expectation but no reason another away win can't happen here.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

The nature of this league is such that every team has players that can hurt you, so you generally can't really consider any game either a gimme or a lost cause regardless of the situation that a team find themselves in.

The thing with Leicester is that it's not like they struggle for goals and are out of ideas, they just can't defend through a combination of personnel and disorganisation. When a team loses their manager you'd be worried about playing them because they'll have more of a freedom about them e.g. Villa vs Brentford earlier this season, but that doesn't really apply to Leicester here so I doubt it'll be too different a game than if Rodgers were still there anyway.

I'm just enjoying the run at the moment while it's happening, not going in with huge expectation but no reason another away win can't happen here.

Great post. Totally agree. I would look for an improved Leicester. We were better in our first Gerrardless match. Eventually, that new freedom leads to a lack of structure, but for a game or two, going managerless is like going without pants. It feels freeing -- until it starts to chafe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Great post. Totally agree. I would look for an improved Leicester. We were better in our first Gerrardless match. Eventually, that new freedom leads to a lack of structure, but for a game or two, going managerless is like going without pants. It feels freeing -- until it starts to chafe.

Talking from experience there?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Did I say it hadn't worked ? Read my post again before you get all sarcastic. 

Two can play at that game, did I actually say that you said that it hadn't worked?

It is very easy to, apparently, misread you post. In fact, you definitely did not imply anything positive in you post what so ever and sound incredibly negative, towards playing around at the back and our "brain farting" defenders.

The only thing that you mention, that is actually positive, you've made sound like a negative thing by saying "it just invites pressure", which is exactly the intention when playing at the back like that.

1 hour ago, Chicken Field said:

Two can play at that game, did I actually say that you said that it hadn't worked ?

Erm...the last three words of your first reply perhaps  - if you want to be so literal.