Pre Match Thread Part II Cup final 1 of 10 for the CL

TheAuthority

Think we beat these tommorow and reckon we will end the week with a win at home to forest also. They do have some very good players who we know can punish us, but we look a much more drilled team now and Mcginn has been playing very well the last few games. I think him, ramsey and Kamara will allow us to run large parts of the game and if we can make sure we don't sit back and allow their forwards space to run then we win this 2-0 imo.

I'm always wary of these types of games though, because we have a habit of beating a team we don't expect and then usually fail to follow up with a win against a team we should have beat on paper so i will try to keep a sense of perspective.

• Like 2

Looking forward to this and expect the away end will be bouncing. I do worry that they will have been given a boost with Rodgers departure and as such I'll go with a 1-1 draw.

Expect the same side to start, maybe Bailey in for Ramsey or Chambers in for Kamara if he isn't fit.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This ccould go either way for them like brentford at home or newcastle asay under danks

Its impossible to know. Lets mit rule iut sat would have taken alot out of us as well

Bro's typing with his nose again

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This ccould go either way for them like brentford at home or newcastle asay under danks

Its impossible to know. Lets mit rule iut sat would have taken alot out of us as well

nanu-mork.gif

I expect a mega tough game but Palace had 30 attempts on goal at the weekend. Their midfield these days is easy to get through  . With the crowd behibd them and the shackles off they might dominate for a bit against us but there will be chances for sure to run in behind. Would be great to score early doors and piss em off 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Interesting one this. Definitely not cocky going into it. Games against Leicester always seem to be utterly mental unless my memory is deceiving me. We can and should definitely be confident and one of the interesting factors will be how we handle being the form team.  Interestingly, the bookies still make Leicester narrow favourites. 6/4 v 7/4. We could've done with Rodgers still being there, but the way we're playing at the moment, especially away from home, I have no fear of this.

I'll go 1-3 Villa. A London bus display from McGinn. You wait so long and then 2 goals come along at once :) 

Had to check what the score was last season, an incredibly boring 0-0 so the mental games only really tend to happen at VP!

We're more or less at the stage where a loss ends the season.

This will be massive of we can win.

Imagine two wins against Leicester and Forest, before we welcome Newcastle...

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Villa park be rockin’ if that happens. 

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think a loss ends any CL chances, but we’re only 2 points of 7th and 7th is still Europe right? If I’m remembering correctly

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I think a loss ends any CL chances, but we’re only 2 points of 7th and 7th is still Europe right? If I’m remembering correctly

Yup, I personally think the rhetoric from Emery will be to aim higher.

Confidence and positivity is high and always should be the mantra in football.

• Like 1

They'll come at us like bunch of eager puppies.

Keep them quiet for a while then hit them with a goal and we should be able to go on from there. 

Supporting Villa for so long has left me anxious with games like this.