Pre Match Thread Part II Cup final 1 of 10 for the CL

TheAuthority

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Times are changing. We have new progressive owners, a new impressive manager, a more effective and confident team, perhaps it’s time the fans caught on and adopted a more positive approach before games it’s no longer necessary to fear the worst , yes it will happen now and again but isn’t it time to ditch the gloomy approach before matches ?

I can't. It's part of my existence now :D 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bailey is brilliant in twenty minute bursts - we have to take advantage of his start in games. If we can get ahead - we can bring on Dendoncker or Chambers in the second half and close them out.

Brilliant is really pushing it tbh.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Please can Bailey learn to follow the rest of the teams tactics and not just take turns running into the first defender.

Not confident now I've seen the line up

We are missing a ball interceptor in the middle unless mcginn is being used in place of kamara.

This the line up that beat Bournemouth 3-0

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Can we just back him today ffs - we actually have a shot at potentially qualifying for a European spot and we're moaning? We actually have something to look forward to future wise with Emery, and our owners. I truly don't understand the moaning. 

? You don't understand people having a different opinion to you ? 

And as far as I am aware, Bailey will be on the pitch, not checking villa talk to see if people are backing him ?

We all want to win, we have different ideas on who will be most effective in getting us the win. Bailey for some time, hasn't been on the same page as the rest of them team. Like it of lump it, that's just how it is.

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

This the line up that beat Bournemouth 3-0

Yep, and Bailey set up a goal. Still would feel more confident swapping just 1 player for player and keep everyone else in their best positions.

To accommodate Bailey, mcginn is dropping back and Bailey comes in. 

As I say, hopefully he does what his manager tells him to do.

44 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Every cloud has a silver lining! 😄

You're on my list now.

edit ... OK I am going downstairs now to watch ... Everyone behave ourselves. Hope to see you in a couple of hours.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Bailey doesn't cause anyone trouble except for his own team. 

We're doing great right now, built up some momentum and this week could be huge. However, this club has conditioned me into expecting the worst so I'm fully ready for us to mess it up big time either tonight or against Forest. 

That's not true - the frustration with him is that he's wildly inconsistent.  Fingers crossed for his better side tonight!

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That's not true - the frustration with him is that he's wildly inconsistent.  Fingers crossed for his better side tonight!

Yep, we all want him to do well, he rarely does though.