2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/23 at 18:00

A very tough hard fought victory. They had most. of the play and created far more chances but we defended brilliantly and Watkins and Mcginn provided the killer touch. It was far from our best performance but to win there the way we did shows just how far we have come under Emery

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

McGinn with the quintessential, British midfielder performance. Reminded me of the Steve McMahon and Brian Robson days, I mean, if ever a performance deserved a goal, and what a beautiful goal it was.

It was only a few months ago when too many on here he was no longer deserving of a place in the team and he wasn't up to the standard Emery required. You could at least have the common courtesy to say, "how wrong we were." In a game awash with players who cost millions and McGinn stood head and shoulders above them all.

How wrong I was ... and very happy to hold my hands up. 

• Like 2

I've been out and away from technology all day. Came back to this result.

It's happening, isn't it folks? It's really happening this time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Another thing that stood out for me, every player looks happy and in the zone, no - one looks disgruntled, it really looks like a happy team and that is a sure ingredient to future success. 

A result of everyone touching the ball and knowing where to be. The shots and chance creations are spread out amongst the team (even though Ollie is still finishing most of them). Unai teams have always been a bit utilitarian and if you have the right attitude, then you’ll get your chance. 

• Like 1

I been vocal on McGinns poor showings over the past two or more years, but he has really turned it around over the past 5 games, he’s got his mojo back and I am delighted. My MOTM today by a mile, Watkins and Martinez a distant joint second but shoulder to shoulder. 

We robbed them, and I pity Potter as he they did everything but but score today, they are doing so much right, but so are we in our own way. Happy days! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I been vocal on McGinns poor showings over the past two or more years, but he has really turned it around over the past 5 games, he’s got his mojo back and I am delighted. My MOTM today by a mile, Watkins and Martinez a distant joint second but shoulder to shoulder. 

We robbed them, and I pity Potter as he they did everything but but score today, they are doing so much right, but so are we in our own way. Happy days! 

I dunno about robbed.

They have amazing talent, 2 top class players for nearly every position. There was no way we were going to boss this game. We needed a way to win it though and Emery had it, even changing formation before the second goal. The vast majority of their chances weren't great, we suffered wide but hardly ever let them play through us and get a good chance. We were exceptionally well organised once the opening nerves were done with.

We hit the bar, had a blatant penalty turned down (on the whole the ref was good though) and had JJ made a better decision on a couple of breaks Ollie would have had another goal. 

I've had a few grappas but I'd say we won't be seeing much of the bottom half of the table for a long time. Nas got his man and put Purslow in his place after the Slippy fiasco. Great times, great win, UTV.

• Like 1

Â