2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/23 at 18:00

So we're in 9th, 2 points behind 6th. This is the most optimistic we've been able to be since the days of Martin O'Neill.

I'll repeat what I said in the match thread: Good teams punish mistakes. They made a bad one in the first half and we punished it. We made a few and they didn't punish them. We're just a better team than them right now and we deserve to be ahead of them in the table.

Watkins and McGinn, two players who I admit to have written off during the SG era, scored...that shows you what i know. McGinn almost had a brace, so he was a candidate for MOTM. Konsa was outstanding in back and was another candidate for MOTM. But I had to give it to Dibu. He kept us in the match when we were getting overrun in the first half.

That said, some players were off. Kamara was not back up to speed, which was understandable. Dougie was not at his best either. I think that's why we got overrun so badly in the first half. I rate Potter as a tactical manager and he got it right in the first half...he let us do our thing and pass the ball around in the back, but put the pressure on with the mid block. As a team, we were sloppy with passes and we had a lot of bad first touches, so his tactics worked in the first half. Even when we got the ball into midfield, often our player had his back to goal and had someone nipping at his heels, preventing him from turning, and with no support.

What Potter does not seem good at is inspiring players who are down. Chelsea had a tricky transition from the Abramovich era to the Boehly era, and the players were already a mess before Potter got there, but I don't think he knows how to pull them out of it. You could see them taking out their frustrations on the referee.

So do I think that we got the right man? Hell yes. I'll take Unai over Potter any day.

I have to mention...Chilwell is now my least favorite player in the PL. What a #$@(!

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Was it just me that got to 91 mins and thought … reckon we might get at least a point now 

They dominated a lot with possession and shots but truth is we did a disciplined job as we’ve come to expect with Unai And they never really looked like winking 

let’s get this season over , but a few and go win this thing 

Funny you say this. The pessimist in me always looks at the clock and as every minute passes I think, even if they score, they won’t have time to score a second!

That said, as soon as we went two up, Chelsea could have played until Christmas and not have scored. 

Being brutally honest, I’ll be surprised if we finished above them, but either way, I’d be worried if I was a Chelsea fan. They’ve spent a LOT of money and you can’t see a lot for it. 

• Like 1

Great win. 9th in the league. Happy days!

McGinn man of the match. Worked hard, good on the ball, lovely goal, combative. 8 out of 10.

Watkins with a lovely finish, worked hard constant thorn in Chelsea's defense. 8 out of 10.

Ramsey's best game since his return from injury. His ball carrying was a good outlet, worked hard defensively, and got an assist. 7 out of 10.

Martinez made a number of important saves, not necessarily any great saves, but didn't put a foot wrong. Distribution was patchy, but generally okay. 7

Douglas Luiz, assist, good distribution, worked tirelessly, always composed. 7 out of 10.

Moreno defended well, linked up well, conservative in his attacking intent today, but that was what was needed. 7

Young defended well, spoiled well, wise head. 7

Mings defended well, distribution was a bit pedestrian. 6

Konsa defended well, distribution was also pedestrian. 6

Kamara was off the pace today, but as he's been out for nearly a month, I can understand. 5

Buendia, did very little, chasing shadows most of the game, offered no threat whatsoever. 4

Perfect away performance against a gifted group of players. That to be fair carved us open a few times.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Sky post match all about chelsea 🙄

Not surprising, they need to keep the ‘Scummy 6’ happy. They’ll be showing the ‘top 11’ table again like they did with Liverpool.

• Like 1

Â