2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/23 at 18:00

After the game I was thinking that we rode our luck a little and that maybe our win wasn't very fair. Then I remembered the game at VP. F**k fair wins, I always take a disputable win, especially against them. And they might be in trouble. They seem to have an owner who knows less about owning a football club than our not so beloved doctor and with all the expensive players they've signed, if they don't reacj Europe they might need to seel a fair few of them for a loss. :lol: 

Anyway, around 91st minute I started to believe that we wouldn't lose, around 93rd I started to believe that we'd actually win. Even if they're under performing a 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge is always a good achievement.

SJM got my motm. I can hold my hand up and say I doubted he'd fit into an Emery team. I don't anymore. 

Normally I'd expect us to lose against leicester now that we seem to be going places. I've got more belief now. 

Oh, and I think I'm falling in love with a spaniard looking like a poor Dracula cast.

• Like 3

On 01/04/2023 at 19:29, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Hate how this is going to be about how much Potter is awful.

Unai set us up to park the bus and smash on the counter. We executed incredibly (well chelsea should have scored at least one).

and we should have scored 4

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pelle said:

After the game I was thinking that we rode our luck a little and that maybe our win wasn't very fair. Then I remembered the game at VP. F**k fair wins, I always take a disputable win, especially against them. And they might be in trouble. They seem to have an owner who knows less about owning a football club than our not so beloved doctor and with all the expensive players they've signed, if they don't reacj Europe they might need to seel a fair few of them for a loss. :lol: 

Anyway, around 91st minute I started to believe that we wouldn't lose, around 93rd I started to believe that we'd actually win. Even if they're under performing a 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge is always a good achievement.

SJM got my motm. I can hold my hand up and say I doubted he'd fit into an Emery team. I don't anymore. 

Normally I'd expect us to lose against leicester now that we seem to be going places. I've got more belief now. 

Oh, and I think I'm falling in love with a spaniard looking like a poor Dracula cast.

didn't Arsenal get a load of luck at Villa Park too....that should have been 2-2.

what might have been is for the fairies......In terms of goal scoring opportunities, we deserved it.

Defending is a huge part of the game, not a bolt on additional option.......we deserved it.

• Like 3

On 01/04/2023 at 19:30, brummybloke said:

You are welcome . Couldn't wear lucky pants as leg just been operated on so had to do this instead..  wife not impressed. 

20230401_192809.jpg

get well soon.

I thought you was a new Saudi Arabian investor at first.

• Haha 2

On 01/04/2023 at 19:43, Sulberto21 said:

The liverscum and Leicester games still rankle with me. 6 points dropped.

I agree....but are we being greedy?

On 01/04/2023 at 20:41, AVTuco said:

Bringing Chambers on for the second half was another masterstroke. He solidified us at the back just enough.

I'm not sure, I would release anyone, just add a few.

On 01/04/2023 at 20:46, briny_ear said:

That was excellent. Possibly our best performance under Emery, and the exciting thing is we are not even at  the level he thinks we can achieve. But what he has done with this team is remarkable. That was an extraordinarily solid and cohesive team performance, everyone working for each other and knowing where teammates would be and how to exploit potential gaps in the Chelsea defence.

I really don’t know how to choose a man of the match because Martinez, Young, Moreno, Kamara, Douglas Luiz, Ramsay, Buendia, Watkins, were all excellent. I could go on through the entire team sheet but in the end it has to go to John McGinn, if only to celebrate the fact that he has improved so much under Emery, back to the impact he had when he first arrived in the Championship. Also, that was a superb goal. Next door’s cat is still traumatised by my celebrations.

The good thing about 5:30 Saturday kick off is you can go straight to the booze, guilt-free. Cheers.🍻🥂

I honestly didn't think any manager could do what he has done, and with the existing players too.....The time he has done it in, is equally remarkable, it bonkers.

I have been watching Villa, for sometime now, I didn't think this was possible, with the same faces.

I am delighted to be wrong....what ceiling has this guy got, its mind blowing.

Surely, a war chest will be found for him....if he wants it, of course.

The man is truly amazing.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

didn't Arsenal get a load of luck at Villa Park too....that should have been 2-2.

what might have been is for the fairies......In terms of goal scoring opportunities, we deserved it.

Defending is a huge part of the game, not a bolt on additional option.......we deserved it.

I agree with a lot of that, but I also think we rode our luck a little untill 2-0. Sure, we could've scored two more goals and missed chances are part of the game. But in the end we won because we scored two goals, just like they did at VP. So, I'm happy clappy. And don't get me started on the arsenal game. I'm still fuming about that one. Especially how so many pundits and experts said how great that shot was when in fact it was the luckiest shot I've seen in 37 years.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2023 at 20:55, sheepyvillian said:

McGinn with the quintessential, British midfielder performance. Reminded me of the Steve McMahon and Brian Robson days, I mean, if ever a performance deserved a goal, and what a beautiful goal it was.

It was only a few months ago when too many on here were saying he was no longer deserving of a place in the team and he wasn't up to the standard Emery required. You could at least have the common courtesy to say, "how wrong we were." In a game awash with players who cost millions and McGinn stood head and shoulders above them all.

You are right Sheepy, he has most of us with egg on our face.

Its not just Ginny who has raised his game, they all have....Ramsey, looks like knocking the England door on that form.

Luke Robinson made a good point on the UTV podcast....He said " Mcginn commented and said, we all know our roles, we are all playing well, so each individual player, knowing that, can relax a bit and not have to be preoccupied, by worrying about others".."everybody is doing their jobs"

I think that's right, that bit of composure has returned.

All the teams under performing will be linked with UE.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 01/04/2023 at 21:02, Keyblade said:

I was starting to hate football earlier this season, it'd become an absolute chore to watch Villa play. This is how football should feel. We are an absolute joy to watch. You look at the stats and think Chelsea dominated that match, but in fact we were the ones in control, steering the match in the direction we wanted. Once the second goal went in, I had no doubt we'd win. When's the last time you could say that about Villa away at a ground like Stamford Bridge?

Winning Football, is the best football......I'm loving this.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2023 at 21:02, HKP90 said:

I've been out and away from technology all day. Came back to this result.

It's happening, isn't it folks? It's really happening this time.

This guy, sees everything, many managers don't.

He is special, and we are finally blessed to have him.

On 01/04/2023 at 22:13, stewiek2 said:

I'm in Malta. Had a fantastic week. Watched the game in a bar packed by foreign Chelsea supporters. Have a flight at 6am so need to be at the airport 4am. Am f**ked. If I miss my flight then it'll cost me but Unai I bloody love you.

I love Malta, lucky so and so.

On 01/04/2023 at 22:56, TheStagMan said:

The "pundits" after the game going on about Chelsea's 25 shots, well, not much good when most of those shots were into row Z.....

Ollie Watkins said " We could have had 25 shots, but we elected to score instead"

• Haha 1

On 02/04/2023 at 02:26, fruitvilla said:

This was a team performance ... minimal individual errors, maximal team effectiveness.

Martínez: 7  Generally a very good evening, one suicide pass to Kamara though. CLEAN SHEET!
Young: 5 OK not bad per se, he seemed to struggle a bit though with the pass up the line ... probably rusty
Konsa: 7 Solid, did what needed to be done
Mings: 7? Did not get a sense he was tested, which says something in its own right
Moreno: 6 OK But not spectacular
McGinn: 7+ Worked hard not many giveaways, beauty of a goal. Not silky smooth but effective.
Kamara: 6 Rusty and yet silky smooth a good comeback game
Luiz: 7- Did what needed doing ... I like him
Ramsey: 7? Was involved so much in this game, my man of the match but I get the other votes
Buendía: 7 As usual worked his socks off
Watkins: 7 What can I say, nicely taken goal

Bailey 6 OK
Digne: 6 OK
Dendoncker: 6 OK
Chambers: 6 OK

Emery: Was (made the team) prepared for this match.

Referee: Got the major calls right

are you Revel Horwood in disguise?

0-2 away to Chelsea?

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

get well soon.

I thought you was a new Saudi Arabian investor at first.

Many thanks 😀

Haha no, although I was in egypt the other week. Was given pants on 50th birthday, 1st game was against Leeds ( was in tenerife) only games I couldn't watch or have pants for was Leicester man city and arsenal as was out on the lash for those games. 

Wife who got them for me, deeply regrets buying them now, especially watching the game on my sofa with the pants on my head, victory all yhe better as 2 of my step kids support Chelsea and we never win against them !! 

• Haha 1

On 02/04/2023 at 09:31, Tayls said:

Despite the great result yesterday, did we look somewhat suspect defensively? If we were playing a team full of confidence would they have put those chances away? My chelsea mate who was at the game yesterday said they should have been 5-0 up by the time we scored our first (possibly an exaggeration)… you look at the chances Mudryk had and the Kante one from the official highlights… we were torn apart for those… 

Misses, don't count.....if they missed, its poor play, its as simple as that....." they should have been 5-0 up, because your mate , wanted to be 5-0 up".....what about our misses, and in other games.

Its simply sour grapes.....

The game is simple, you have to score more than the opponent, all the other stats are cosmetic.....they are the only stats that matter.

No one feels sorry for us, when the roles are reversed.....remember the error at Villa Park, they capitalised on.....yeah, hurts don't it, tell him.

• Like 2

Â