2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/23 at 18:00

24 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

When the camera zoomed in on Sawiris, he looked like the cat who had got the cream.

Any images/vids of Sawiris from yesterday? Was hoping to see something on YouTube but couldn’t find anything 

The only period where I was slightly worried was after our first goal when Chelsea was turning the screws and Chilwell getting free. 

Kamara looked off the pace. Young was doing double duty tucking in to make sure Mudryk didn’t get in between while Chilwell had a free run on him out to in. Mcginn, Ramsay, Buendia, and Watkins couldn’t get the ball to stick for possession. 

But after the formation change in the second half, it was all elementary. Could’ve played at least another 45 if not 90 and Chelsea wouldn’t score. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tayls said:

Despite the great result yesterday, did we look somewhat suspect defensively? If we were playing a team full of confidence would they have put those chances away? My chelsea mate who was at the game yesterday said they should have been 5-0 up by the time we scored our first (possibly an exaggeration)… you look at the chances Mudryk had and the Kante one from the official highlights… we were torn apart for those… 

Your mate was wrong. At no point did I feel like Chelsea were going to score. 25 shots is not as good as it sounds if 20 of them are into row Z or aimed at the corner flag.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Your mate was wrong. At no point did I feel like Chelsea were going to score. 25 shots is not as good as it sounds if 20 of them are into row Z or aimed at the corner flag.

To be fair they put us under quite some preassure at time, for example towards the end of the first half where they also had a ball in the net that was disallowed for a bit of a soft foul. They also hit the post and Martinez made at least two top class saves. Mudryk had a chance one on one that he should have put away.

It's of course super with three points away to Chelsea, we looked disciplined and organised, but we didn't see much of the great build up play and passing game that we have seen against the less good teams. Changing to a back three in the second half represents the game quite well imo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I think these are harsh. McGinn was a 9 for me with Martinez a solid 8 and Moreno a 6? I thought he did very well and would be a 7/8. 

Like I said ... I can understand why people would vote otherwise. But if we had 70% of the possession and had 27 shots five on target two which went in then I would agree with your harsh comment. End of the day we rode our luck as KentVillan said. If we came home with a 2:2 draw I would have had similar scores.

There was a comment that some Chelsea fan thought they should be 5:0 before we scored ... don't agree but I can see his point.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

There was a comment that some Chelsea fan thought they should be 5:0 before we scored ... don't agree but I can see his point.

Can you?? I can't as that's a load of absolute b******s.

McGinn could equally have hit the underside of the bar and its bounced in instead and Ollie could have buried his first 1 on 1. Or we could have played the striker in on the several occasions we should have and we would have been 2 or 3 up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Got to admit though, 3 of their efforts should have been a goal. If that was Man City or Arsenal, they’d have taken them… but.. thankfully it wasn’t, and we won. So All good. 

I just think we rode our luck… I’d like us to not do that ideally…because we could easily have lost that 3-2. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Can you??

The very first highlight

Aston Villa Football Club | The official club website | AVFC

A suicide pass from Emi ... Does well to make up for his mistake but if it were a more accurate shot ... the game unfolds differently. Don't get me wrong I thought he [McGinn] had a good game ... two beautiful shots one went in. 

Edited by fruitvilla

45 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

The very first highlight

Aston Villa Football Club | The official club website | AVFC

A suicide pass from Emi ... Does well to make up for his mistake but if it were a more accurate shot ... the game unfolds differently. Don't get me wrong I thought he [McGinn] had a good game ... two beautiful shots one went in. 

You said you could understand the point that we could have been 5 0 down by the time we scored. Then you use an example of a bad backpass. 

Yes we rode our luck at times but the suggestion we should have been 5 down after 18 minutes is quote frankly abusrd.

• Like 1

had a funeral yesterday, so avoided news and watched it today.  Gotta be happy with that outcome.  I voted SJM MOTM, its seems the majority did as well, but I'm not sure 75% for him is fair to really strong performances from Martinez, Konsa, Luiz, and Ramsey.  

I sometimes get frustrated that we don't put enough pressure on the referee on big calls, but then i watch Chilwell and the boys embarassingly cry and whine over ever reasonable and unreasonable situation and that sort of crying display is even worse.

I thought the referee was better than average, but he would have managed the game more easily I think with a couple easy foul calls early to set the tone a bit more clean.  But what he did worked in the end.

The moaning from the Chelsea fans and their fans in the press is absolutely hilarious,  should have been a handball for Chelsea,  when hit Ming's shoulder , apparently.  

The master of it all though, this was actually in the Daily Mail, villa fan was photographed by a Chelsea cupping his ears and this was labelled and an obscene, racist and disgusting gesture, the depths they will fall to is unbelievable, like spoilt kids.

God help them if anyone filmed their scummy fans. 

Aston Villa are taking no further action after studying footage that allegedly showed a fan making a racist gesture during their Premier League win over Chelsea

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

You said you could understand the point that we could have been 5 0 down by the time we scored. Then you use an example of a bad backpass. 

I also said I don't agree

Also, it was not a "back pass" It was a pass to Kamara which put him in a difficult position.

2 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

I also said I don't agree

Also, it was not a "back pass" It was a pass to Kamara which put him in a difficult position.

I don't see his point at all though. We absolutely shouldn't have been 5 down by 18 minutes or at any point in the game.

Regards the "backpass", yes I meant the Kamara incident (which granted was an error from Emi rather than a backpass) but whichever incident it was, it doesn't justify the notion we should have been 5 goals down.

25 minutes ago, tinker said:

The moaning from the Chelsea fans and their fans in the press is absolutely hilarious,  should have been a handball for Chelsea,  when hit Ming's shoulder , apparently.  

The master of it all though, this was actually in the Daily Mail, villa fan was photographed by a Chelsea cupping his ears and this was labelled and an obscene, racist and disgusting gesture, the depths they will fall to is unbelievable, like spoilt kids.

God help them if anyone filmed their scummy fans. 

Aston Villa are taking no further action after studying footage that allegedly showed a fan making a racist gesture during their Premier League win over Chelsea

Models of manners. 

spacer.png

• Shocked 1

On 02/04/2023 at 09:31, Tayls said:

Despite the great result yesterday, did we look somewhat suspect defensively? If we were playing a team full of confidence would they have put those chances away? My chelsea mate who was at the game yesterday said they should have been 5-0 up by the time we scored our first (possibly an exaggeration)… you look at the chances Mudryk had and the Kante one from the official highlights… we were torn apart for those… 

Every silver lining has a cloud.

• Haha 1

Â