2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/23 at 18:00

18 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

To be fair they put us under quite some preassure at time, for example towards the end of the first half where they also had a ball in the net that was disallowed for a bit of a soft foul. They also hit the post and Martinez made at least two top class saves. Mudryk had a chance one on one that he should have put away.

It's of course super with three points away to Chelsea, we looked disciplined and organised, but we didn't see much of the great build up play and passing game that we have seen against the less good teams. Changing to a back three in the second half represents the game quite well imo.

good players don't just let you play, they deny you as best as they can.....Chelsea despite their troubles, have good players and they can stop you playing, just like how their ladies did too.

We haven't got the ball control or movement yet, like a Man City or Arsenal......so what we did was magnificent.

It is folly to expect to go to these places and expect to play expansive football to your hearts content.....What we did was professional, functional and competitive.....we didn't have it all our own way, why should we, but we managed to do what the games objective is.....win.

They had chances to score, but they didn't, thats their business.....not for us to worry our heads about.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tayls said:

Got to admit though, 3 of their efforts should have been a goal. If that was Man City or Arsenal, they’d have taken them… but.. thankfully it wasn’t, and we won. So All good. 

I just think we rode our luck… I’d like us to not do that ideally…because we could easily have lost that 3-2. 

Man City and Arsenal, are the 2 top teams, and they may have scored, but we will never know, because it wasn't them.....we equally could have scored with their chances, so what?

Other teams take their luck as if they deserve it.....we might learn from that.

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

Misses, don't count.....if they missed, its poor play, its as simple as that....." they should have been 5-0 up, because your mate , wanted to be 5-0 up".....what about our misses, and in other games.

Totally. Ollie put one about 14 yards wide when he should've scored and McGinn hit the bar too. Decent shout for a penalty on JJ as well.

So that'd make it 5-0 in our favour.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pelle said:

F**k fair wins, I always take a disputable win, especially against them.

🤣 Made my morning ...

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I honestly didn't think any manager could do what he has done, and with the existing players too.....The time he has done it in, is equally remarkable, it bonkers.

I have been watching Villa, for sometime now, I didn't think this was possible, with the same faces.

It has been remarkable, hasn't it? It makes me think how the right manager at the right club at the right time is sometimes capable of overseeing something bigger than the sum of its parts. Chelsea shows us the opposite of that -- they've been lesser than the sum of their expensive and pedigreed parts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

are you Revel Horwood in disguise?

0-2 away to Chelsea?

It  was a good result ... not sure who Horwood is ... but I think I am more like Sofascore

Martínez: 7  8.9  I must have marked Emi down heavily for the suicide pass and berating Kamara afterwards (apparently)
Young: 5  6.7  I just did not see a 6.7
Konsa: 7  6.9
Mings: 7?  7.2 
Moreno: 6  7.0 
McGinn: 7+   7.6 
Kamara: 6   6.4  
Luiz: 7-    7.0 
Ramsey: 7?   7.8 My man of the match
Buendía: 7   6.4  I thought he was better
Watkins: 7    6.8 

It was a good win... I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

Watched this one in the pub and was a good performance from us, so happy that Mcginn finally scored for us again. Really need to follow this up with a win tommorow, I managed to get a ticket for Leicester away so its my first away game for a few years, usually rodgers teams do well against us so the fact he is gone is a big bonus. Surprised they didnt give him this game, however another manager bites the dust after losing to the villa.

Hope watkins can continue his rich vein of scoring away goals and get another couple tommorow

4 hours ago, TRO said:

They had chances to score, but they didn't, thats their business.....not for us to worry our heads about.

I nearly always agree with you TRO but here I don't. 25 attempts is too many, we shouldn't have let them have that many. Eight were on target. It's just as well we have one of the best keepers in the world (or the best, according to FIFA) because if not we probably wouldn't have won that match. I appreciate Chelsea have good players but for us to keep progressing really we need to keep the attempts against us to under 20 whoever we're playing (and ideally under 15 if possible). We got away with it this time.

21 hours ago, tinker said:

The moaning from the Chelsea fans and their fans in the press is absolutely hilarious,  should have been a handball for Chelsea,  when hit Ming's shoulder , apparently.  

The master of it all though, this was actually in the Daily Mail, villa fan was photographed by a Chelsea cupping his ears and this was labelled and an obscene, racist and disgusting gesture, the depths they will fall to is unbelievable, like spoilt kids.

God help them if anyone filmed their scummy fans. 

Aston Villa are taking no further action after studying footage that allegedly showed a fan making a racist gesture during their Premier League win over Chelsea

This is typical Daily Mail - absolutely disgusting reporting, this guy could potentially lose his job etc for what was absolutely 100% not a racist gesture in any way, shape or form, whoever the scumbag was who sent it into them I tar with the same brush as the DM itself as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wedge said:

This is typical Daily Mail - absolutely disgusting reporting, this guy could potentially lose his job etc for what was absolutely 100% not a racist gesture in any way, shape or form, whoever the scumbag was who sent it into them I tar with the same brush as the DM itself as well.

It opens a whole new avenue for vindictive photographs and videos at football matches, I can't believe they have published it with that type of write up.

Chelsea fans should be ashamed of this type of behaviour, they lost a game and want to punish us and our fans, using the poisonous rag the DM to spread disinformation. 

Not sure if there is a way to complain about this type of exposure but if there is then I would. I hope Harry bankrupts them and Chelsea have some photographs published of their vile fans. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, tinker said:

It opens a whole new avenue for vindictive photographs and videos at football matches, I can't believe they have published it with that type of write up.

Chelsea fans should be ashamed of this type of behaviour, they lost a game and want to punish us and our fans, using the poisonous rag the DM to spread disinformation. 

Not sure if there is a way to complain about this type of exposure but if there is then I would. I hope Harry bankrupts them and Chelsea have some photographs published of their vile fans. 

I can't stand that 'newspaper', the Daily Mail. 

• Like 1

On 03/04/2023 at 19:19, robby b said:

I nearly always agree with you TRO but here I don't. 25 attempts is too many, we shouldn't have let them have that many. Eight were on target. It's just as well we have one of the best keepers in the world (or the best, according to FIFA) because if not we probably wouldn't have won that match. I appreciate Chelsea have good players but for us to keep progressing really we need to keep the attempts against us to under 20 whoever we're playing (and ideally under 15 if possible). We got away with it this time.

WIP....I would much rather them have 25 misses, than 1 lucky hit.

Â