2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/23 at 18:00

47 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Hope you were watching Stevie G. Blinding result 💪 it's a beautiful weekend 

I'm sure he'll be having a pints and telling the lads about how he has laid the foundation for Emery.

If it weren't for his foundations, they would " wipe the floor with us ".

• Like 1

McGinn's goal was critical.  Between the first goal and then I thought we were poor in possession, constantly under pressure and giving the ball away cheaply and quickly whenever we had a chance to counter.  The halftime whistle was a welcome relief.  I agreed with the commentator that the halftime change was initially looking to be the wrong one, as we were no longer winning balls up the pitch and were dropping deeper and deeper.   Then McGinn's goal changed everything.   Suddenly, Chelsea lost their confidence and patience and Villa were able to move the ball and keep it after winning it.   I thought the players saw out the game brilliantly even though there was always the nagging fear of the usual late Villa collapse against a Big 6 side.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Sky post match all about chelsea 🙄

Pretty much the same on the US coverage.  They showed the interview with Potter but not Unai.   The cameras showed Nasef late in the game but commentators hadn't a clue who he was and carried on as though it was just some smiling rando in the crowd.

• Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

For the first time since being back in the Premier League, I bet on a Villa win (I don't normally bet on Villa) as I was absolutely convinced we'd win this. Uncle Unai, what a guy...

I bet we'd win 4-1 so I'm actually disappointed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Pretty much the same on the US coverage.  They showed the interview with Potter but not Unai.   The cameras showed Nasef late in the game but commentators hadn't a clue who he was and carried on as though it was just some smiling rando in the crowd.

The Australian coverage was very good, all on Villa and plenty of Unai and SJM interviews. 

39 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I DoN’t KnOw iF aNy MaNagEr cOuLd gEt thEsE pLaYeRs IntO thE tOp HaLf

That was 100% me.  The exciting thing now is that any players we sounded out in January will be looking at our form and thinking "ummm maybe I want a bit of that".  Exciting times ahead (I hope!).

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Tim Howard spoke very highly of us and Emery right after the match.  Said Villa's squad are 100% bought into Emery, have a clear identity, and you know exactly how we're going to play before the game, but you have no idea what Chelsea is going to do and neither do their players.  

• Like 1

That was excellent. Possibly our best performance under Emery, and the exciting thing is we are not even at  the level he thinks we can achieve. But what he has done with this team is remarkable. That was an extraordinarily solid and cohesive team performance, everyone working for each other and knowing where teammates would be and how to exploit potential gaps in the Chelsea defence.

I really don’t know how to choose a man of the match because Martinez, Young, Moreno, Kamara, Douglas Luiz, Ramsay, Buendia, Watkins, were all excellent. I could go on through the entire team sheet but in the end it has to go to John McGinn, if only to celebrate the fact that he has improved so much under Emery, back to the impact he had when he first arrived in the Championship. Also, that was a superb goal. Next door’s cat is still traumatised by my celebrations.

The good thing about 5:30 Saturday kick off is you can go straight to the booze, guilt-free. Cheers.🍻🥂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Bringing Chambers on for the second half was another masterstroke. He solidified us at the back just enough.

Whilst protecting Kamaras fitness, and avoiding us going down to 10 men 

Must be noted that Chambers was actually decent when he came on as well.

• Like 2

Â