• Traoré (Bailey 64)
    • Digne (Moreno 64)
    • Durán (Buendía 80)
    • Young (Cash 80)
    • Chambers (Watkins 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/03/23 at 23:59

Disappointingly short of ideas at times.

Their penalty wasn't one, but Bailey was a joke from start to his sub, and I still think the Buendia/Ings incident could easily have gone against us.

Watkins unlucky not to score more, and Traore did better than I thought he would.

Season's pretty much over, there's no way we have the ambition or the ability to close down on those european spots, and we're out of reach of the relegation drop. 

Onwards and upwards, there's a good 4 or 5 players in that lineup I hope we don't have to watch next season

On the one hand, happy not to give these the three points like we usually do.

On the other hand they are shite and we should be despatching them with not too much effort. 

Villa On The Beach. 

• Like 1

Rotten little set up Moyes has for West Ham. Yes we should’ve had more quality but what god awful watching for West Ham fans. 11 players back in a low block and then long route 1 punts when they get the ball. 

Hope they go down. 

West Ham almost made that game unwatchable. Aren't they at home in a relegation struggle. They played that like a team safe and waiting for end of the season. We did what we could but we need a bit more quality amongst the subs to break down a crap team like that in the future. 

• Like 1

Both teams had their chances and either could have buried some of them with a bit more quality and composure. It does feel like 2 points dropped considering our 2 wins prior to this game, however we never beat these lot and we would have lost this not too long ago. We had the ball a lot more and need to work on imposing ourselves on the game and actually making use of the possession so that it can win us games. Could have been worse tho

Watched bits if the first half and the last 76 minutes onwards. My thoughts are-

We start games far far far too slow. I get it about controlling games BUT we do not put enough pressure on teams from the off. We simply don't have the players capable of or of the mentality to dictate tempo like that.

Bailey is simply not the right fit for this club.

Ramsey is off the pace massively.

And mostly...

That referee was an absolute bellend. Totally cockney homer. Absolutely shocking. And as for VAR. It was brought in for consistency, but when you have the absolute useless rocket polishers on it in English football it's a waste of time.

Really poor refereeing today.

Breaking down teams who sit deep still appears to be a sticking point for these players (although we're much better than we used to be at it, granted). One of those days.

The 'fan' mimicking the ref's whistle is a disgrace too and should be banned for a while.

Edited by Beastmix

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Not too dissatisfied with that. Was always going to be a tough fixture and we played well at times, not so well at other times.

As usual, West Ham got all the decisions. Outside of the top 6 they're easily the most favoured club for some reason.

Yeah they were cuddled by the officials the entire game and it cost us 3 points. Ref decided the game for me.

Just now, Herman22 said:

I don’t think either was a pen but once you give the first you have to give the second! Mad lack of consistency! 

Nah, they're completely different scenarios

Rice had a fair chance to get the ball and I think did so, and it was considered an acceptable amount of contact for a successful challenge.

Bailey wasn't even trying to get the ball .It was soft a shit, but he has his hand son him, gives him a small tug, and he's got no defence

Â