• Traoré (Bailey 64)
    • Digne (Moreno 64)
    • Durán (Buendía 80)
    • Young (Cash 80)
    • Chambers (Watkins 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/03/23 at 23:59

5 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

Someone who sounded like Robbie Earle was on the vo at half time saying it was a soft penalty

Tony Gale has that Carragher thing where he spends the entire game animatedly armchair managing what he thinks his former club should do to win as if they're the protagonists of the story, its very tiresome

Yeah I heard that, defo sounded like Robbie Earle and he was sure it wasn’t a pen. 

1 minute ago, roonst83 said:

Pretty underwhelming and meh. Game we should’ve won but lacking quality. Soft pen for them and not sure why the same wasn’t applied by VAR for ours. 

Because theirs was given, so VAR wont overturn unless it thinks its a clear and obvious error (in my opinion it was and should have been overturned) But its very rare they overturn them these days

Same logic again on ours, it wasnt initially given so VAR wont overturn unless its "clear and obvious error"

Pathetic refereeing, I don't know why we have such **** refs in this country

• Like 1

Ha! No three points for you this time West Ham! 

Positives: one point closer to the badgers and the bees and at last we've broken the silly losing to West Ham curse. Now pleeease Villa go one step better by also breaking the winless curse against them the next time we play them in the league, maybe next season...

Strange game, one in which we seemed to dominate. Always a difficult team for Villa...

Yet they were gifted a point.

Watkins and Durán should have scored their chances.

Mings, Konsa, McGinn and Luiz were very good today

18 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

A draw was probably a fair result. Either team could have won that.

A number of players are just not good enough - Bailey, Chambers and Cash.

Duran is right in there, really getting stuck in. Will be interesting to see how he progresses.

I'm really happy with Duran so far, with Emery coaching him I think he's gonna be really good. Can't wait for him to get more time in games

• Like 1

Lack of real top quality in the final 1/3rd today for me.

Moved the ball quicker after about 20 mins, and we looked a better team.

Moreno and Ramsey combine really well, and i think Moreno is quality.

Emi and Bailey need a significant upgrade imo

McGinn MOM

31 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Four points off a European place with Bournemouth up next at home, it's not the worst position to be in.

Not at all if it wasn’t for that soft penalty it would be 2 points off european places 

• Like 1

Kurt Zouma just now: "that was their only chance and they scored". Really? Ok Kurt so why exactly were you looking the other way when we had our other three attempts on target? Or do you just like to be very biased and tell barefaced lies perhaps? 

• Haha 1

I was more than happy with a point and McGinn had another excellent game in central midfield.

Villa's goal was a cracker and Moreno's cross was a peach, pity his defensive play included a few bad mistakes.

Their penalty was very soft but Buendia escaped a possible second, and I think he tried to cheat one for himself.

West Ham pressed higher in the second half, which stifled Villa's playing out from the back.

Emery's decision to go more defensive towards the end was justified and secured the point.

Previous managers would have chased the win and risked losing.

I think recent games have shown Emery's football philosophy - control the game, make the percentage pass, and avoid the wasteful spectacular.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Can someone tell me what on earth has happened to Chambers? He kept under hitting passes. 

Then watching him turn and try to chase back was painful.  Emery really has been amazing in the way he has got every ounce of the squad and taking us up the league.

Â