• Traoré (Bailey 64)
    • Digne (Moreno 64)
    • Durán (Buendía 80)
    • Young (Cash 80)
    • Chambers (Watkins 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/03/23 at 23:59

Love that we have climbed the table and getting hard to beat. However, a lot of the sideways and backwards passing over the ball is a bit boring, I’d take three points and boring but it’s not pleasing on the eye at all., very SAFE. 

• Like 1

Many people are focusing upon the slow tempo passing out from the back and that is all part of the evolution.

But there were a fair few occasions against West Ham when Villa upped the tempo and carved them open. Was a joy to watch at times, imagine after a few transfer windows?

Just hope the neanderthals at Villa Park can understand the process, accept and embrace it. Villa will never have a better chance than under Emery.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Love that we have climbed the table and getting hard to beat. However, a lot of the sideways and backwards passing over the ball is a bit boring, I’d take three points and boring but it’s not pleasing on the eye at all., very SAFE. 

Its how 90% of Premier League teams play

• Like 3

We crafted, created and scored a goal.  They were awarded a 95% chance of a goal (which they converted) because a player posing no threat fell over with his back to goal.  

We won as far as I’m concerned 

I think some of our build up play today was fantastic, the goal was an example of this, and we had another couple of build ups where we out-played them. I just love to see that we have a well settled passing based playing style with clear tactics and look well drilled. We didn't create very much, but we controlled the game, were patient, and had much quality in the chances we created.

I don't know how the expected goal stats work, but teams just throwing in crosses will have more chances in the stats, but we would be more likely to score. I love the fact that when we get to the box and put a cross in we often have three or more players in and around the bow. That's well built up attacks.

• Like 3

We have a style . We have an identity.  We have a proper manager . Stopped our bogey team winning. Controlled the ball  

Therei is a really good article to read about todays game on iNEWS. discusses Emerys gameplan.

I will hold my hands up if I think it's a pen, like I did with the recent Grealish one,  but I honestly think we've been well and truly done by the  ref and VAR there.  I There's no foul there at all, he clearly just chucked himself down when he felt a hand on him.  The incompetent/corrupt (delete as appropriate) ref fell for it, but even more alarming is the VAR, even more incompetent/corrupt delete as appropriate) didn't overturn it. f that was a penalty then there'd be 20 in every game.  I wonder if we'll get our third apology of the season from the PL for VAR errors.

Edited by El Segundo
typo

I’m very pleased Emery has fully stuck to his guns, said it many times. There’s a clear playing style and it’s good to see. Possession, build up from the back, make the opposition react and then hit them.

Everything right now is good with the manager. 

I voted average because for me it was just fine today. We didn’t batter West Ham, they certainly could’ve come away with 3 points. Wasn’t better or worse just straight down the middle fine. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Anything to have a dig at Bailey. There has to be, for some, a scapegoat. 

What game where you watching?

Bailey looked like he had just got out of  bed and did not  give a rats arse..he did not track back either for the most part.

He has been poor lately just like he was in germany..runs too hot and cold..needs to be given his marching orders in the summer.

So yet again here we are! Another disgracefully dodgy decision by the ref and even worse a corrupt VAR system which failed to intervene! ....Oh I forgot, It was against one of the darlings of the London Media

Of course this fits in perfectly with the previous system I mentioned.,,, Namely:-

Top 6 v top 6 evens out but with a clear & obvious bias towards Man U even in those games.

The other 14 clubs v the other 14 clubs evens out but with a clear & obvious bias towards the big London clubs when against the non London clubs.

Top 6 vs other 14 is about 95% in favour of the top 6 (& no those games do not balance out over a season!)

Incidentally I watched the Newcastle v Wolves game after and A Wolves player absolutely pushed over a Newcastle player from behind, very clearly & 10 times worse than Baileys brush against the diving West Ham player... Ref waved play on & VAR did nothing. 

So which way around is it exactly?

The corruption continues at FA towers! (As it does every week)

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

I thought he set us up well again and his in game decisions were proactive.

Won't always get the result but so clear what he's trying to do. Any other recent manager we'd be back to the walls losing today in the last 10 mins.

Think that’s it.  We can all see what he’s trying to do with the team and their play.  Last time i saw that was nearly 15 years ago from a villa manager.  

I turned to my 11 year old half way through the match and said son, we’re going to be a very good team next season.  

There was a bit in the second half where Emi Had the ball at his feet and West Ham just refused to close him down...so he waited, and waited until they moved and then we played out in the spaces they left. It's such a tight philosophy of Emery's that we won't move away from it.

The style of play is having results though. It is getting us goals each game that are structured in the same way. 

Â