• Ramsey (Coutinho 62)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 67)
    • Bailey (Buendía 67)
    • Digne (Moreno 78)
    • Durán (Watkins 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/02/23 at 23:59

Didn't watch it, as we were having a family party (four year old's birthday). I was just checking the scores on here and the BBC sports page. Got to 90+1, 2-2, and thought, oh shame we couldn't get the win, but that's not bad. Checked back later and saw 90+8, 2-4. 

Now I'm in trouble for swearing in front of the children. 

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We got Carlos to come back in, should make a big difference.

In defence I agree - I think he'll be more used to the Emery style than Konsa.  But I think we need 3 ball players in midfield and then one of either McGinn, Ramsey or Buendia.  High hopes already for Duran - he looks like he could be a real handful.

Need to turnaround the form quick and beat Everton, we carry on like this and some morons will be right and we'll finish 13th/14th/15th and they'll say we told you so.

The squad should be good enough to win 3 of the next 4 games, if it doesn't then Emery's tactics clearly ain't working.

10 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Need to turnaround the form quick and beat Everton, we carry on like this and some morons will be right and we'll finish 13th/14th/15th and they'll say we told you so.

The squad should be good enough to win 3 of the next 4 games, if it doesn't then Emery's tactics clearly ain't working.

Doesn't matter what Emery does if the officials keep ignoring the rules when they benefit us and implementing them when they don't. 

Bailey hits bar, no luck on the rebound.

5 minutes later Jorginho hits bar, luckiest rebound possible.

Overall Arsenal deserved the 3 points but that was a pretty gutting 5 minutes.

I think Emery made a hash of the subs today. Luiz was the only player relieving the pressure for us by running the ball through the midfield and probably our best player at the time.

9 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Can't be offside from a corner, if that's what this guy is claiming.

Yep typical Utd fan no clue the ball has to be played forward to be offside.

As for the game and the defending its McPhee that is barking at all the players to get back and defend which to me is daft.

You have no out ball should you win it and they can commit more men forward as no one to defend.

We are on the right path just need to cut out the mistakes that are basic to me.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

It's not bad luck. Another example of our players not closing down the player on the edge of our box from a set piece. 

hitting the underside of the bar deflecting onto your goal keeper's head at the right angle for it to go into the net is very unlucky, regardless of the closing down

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Yep typical Utd fan no clue the ball has to be played forward to be offside.

As for the game and the defending its McPhee that is barking at all the players to get back and defend which to me is daft.

You have no out ball should you win it and they can commit more men forward as no one to defend.

We are on the right path just need to cut out the mistakes that are basic to me.

It isn't even about playing the ball forward. The rules explicitly say you cannot be offside from a corner, so even if you did position the ball to the edge of the corner arc and knock it forwards to a player it still can't be offside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Was a great game

Could have won it, of course we lost it

There's a good team in there somewhere but arsenal are simply better

Kamara was brilliant again

Yeah it was a great game, and we played our part. The fact we don't look a million miles off them is testament to our rapid progress. 

Thought both Kamara and Luiz were bang at it today. Duran is a very exciting prospect. Coutinho I'd written off but actually played ok today without really hitting the heights. 

If Bailey scores or Duran at 2-2 then we might have beaten them. Loads of positives, we will get a lot better too. 

• Like 4

After calming a bit, it's not been that bad a day. I thought we were gonna get turned over before the game, but we were competitive for most of the match. 

I think we all see that we need some improvements, but Arsenal are a good side, and are likely to be contesting the title, so it's not that surprising we lost. 

We need to work out those errors one way or another, but hopefully back on to winnable games now. If we turn over Everton I think things will look more rosy.

ya'll do realize that ramsdale dribbled the ball out to the left side of the box timewasting when they were ahead.  Every GK in the world wastes time when ahead.  Every team in the world wastes time when ahead.  Martinez is just not doing it the smart way.  And yes, referees are supposed to add time for time wasted, but they are also to add time for every goal (usually about a minute each) plus the injury delay to saka, plus the injury delay to cash, plus the injury delay to martinez, plus the 3 substitution stops for arsenal plus the 3 substitution stops for villa.  I didn't like the 6 minutes additional time, but I did think it was reasonable given the half.

Â