• Ramsey (Coutinho 62)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 67)
    • Bailey (Buendía 67)
    • Digne (Moreno 78)
    • Durán (Watkins 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/02/23 at 23:59

Two great goals completely squandered by disinterested defending. Give a team like Arsenal space and time, you will be punished. 

The second half was so poor, the 4-2 scoreline is about right.

Judging by some of our body language at full time, it didn't even appear to bother a few of the players. 

Serious losing streak now which needs to end.

Just now, duke313 said:

Any reason why Saka wasn’t sent off for that tackle? Don’t think we’d have conceded 3 in the 2nd half if they had 10 men.

Cos...Sky 6 🙄

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How can Emi react?! It’s an obvious offence. One of the Arsenal players is even ducking FFS. Look how they took away Meatball’s goal for less. 

I don't mind losing to them, they were the better team for 90% of the game, their 3rd goal should not have stood, it clearly broke the offside rules.

14 minutes ago, jim said:

Individual errors keep happening time and again even against the mighty Stevenage. Do we have to replace the whole team?

Guess we should dump Emi for his OG, or Luiz and Kamara for their mess ups when playing out of the back.

Excited to see how this squad changes and grows under Emery. But wasn’t this always a concern with his style? That his teams have a tendency to leak goals?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Only saw the last twenty minutes. Thought we were decent. Bailey a bit too greedy but unlucky with what looked liked a finger tip save by Ramsdale to pop his shot onto the bar. Emi unlucky with their thi d but we'd lost or heads when that went in. He shouldn't have come up for that corner. 4-2 really flatters them from what I saw. Desperately thin attacking wise and Konsa got very lucky piddling about at the back.

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Playing the best 2 teams in the league will be a big part of it

Leicester was a basketball game and so were these lot.

Not on Emery by the way but seeing as the message is here

Arsenal were terrible today. Completely rattled and unsure of themselves. Pretty turgid and a calamity in possession at the back.

We gave them 4 goals. They were hugely under pressure and it showed today. League leaders or not they've not worked for a single goal.

Match that could have gone either way - yes we conceded a lot of possession and territory in the second half.  But at the end of the day Ramsdale pulled off one brilliant save and one good save and they had a shot with 2 players stood in an offside position that hit the bar and went in off our keeper's head.  Small margins.  Had Ramsdale pushed the ball onto the underside of the bar and it had gone in people would have been praising us for a brilliant victory soaking up pressure and scoring three "on the break".  Yes we need to make some progress to be able to stand toe to toe with the Sly 6 and we need to be able to control the ball better but we gave it a decent go.

• Like 4

Good gameplan to stymie the wide overloads that Arsenal like to create. Was surprised at the Buendia inclusion as Arsenal have been undone by runs behind Zinchenko. 

I would be surprised if he kept Emi. While Emi’s distribution is better than he thought, it’s not going to be enough to play the system. If a good enough bid came in, I think I would cash in. 

Subs were almost spot on for what I thought so that’s always a good sign. Think he really needs to convene with MacPhee about these short corners. Targeted viciously by Arsenal with little response or change. 

Onto some easier matches. 

• Like 1

It's the hope that kills you. Teams like Arsenal et al, apart from having better players, have a winning mentality and expect to win games. It just sharpens the whole team. We seem be reacting to the momentum in many games instead of dictating it, not knowing quite if we're good enough to really hurt the opposition. A lot of changes in manager and player staff doesn't help. Hopefully hopefully we're on the right track now.   

Edited by MackHaakon
  • Like 2

It was a backs against the wall at times but you'd expect that against the league leaders. 

I felt overall we more than held our own and had a couple of good opportunities in the 2nd half to get a third. 

Don't think Martinez can be blamed for any of the goals, and I'm sure had he got his head onto that corner at the end to equalise no one would have questioned him going up for it. Its the gamble you take 

Â