Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

Just now, Keyblade said:

We've spent a quarter billion pounds since coming back up and we still can't lay a glove on these. Hope the book is thrown at them.

again a quarter of a billion is **** all in the context of what city have spent, is it even their bench?

our spending in the context of the PL and especially the top 6 is nothing, £250m is nothing

Grealish doing Grealish things.

Man Shitty were always going to win. They’ve distorted the game so much that the likes of Villa will never be able to lay a glove on them. They’re despicable, cheating words removed. I can’t bring myself to watch the second half, it’s just not worth it. 

• Like 3

Don’t mind losing to a better team but we are so bloody passive!  

We should make them work for it, but we’ve basically jogged around and been gentle with them.

Easiest game City will have all season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Lol.

Yes we definitely couldn’t have expected anything even slightly better than this.

If you wanted something more from this then go for it. Given the news around them being called out for cheating, we knew they would come out firing. Plus we’ve hit a slump defensively and Mings is out. I was expecting a 5-0 loss so I’m not too bothered. Would I like better? Of course but I’m not letting my day get ruined by an expected outcome given all the circumstances.

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I was expecting a loss, but not a demolition.

Then you haven't been paying attention to:

A, All our visits to that shit hole (bar last season where we threw away a 2 goal lead to hand them the title}

B, The siege mentality that they were going to clearly have after what's happened and

C, The dreadful performances we have had in most games since beating Spurs on NYD.

This was always going to be a hammering. Always.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I expect City to look good because look at their squad… but is there any reason why we decide to just abandon being a Premier League side and launch balls hopelessly to nobody up the field. Forget how to pass, shoot, dribble? 

The game was over as soon as it started.

• Like 1

It’s one thing to play against a billion quid cheat squad. But to have to play against a clearly biased ref is another level. 

Never mind 50-50s. He’s stopped giving us 90-10 fouls now! I think he’s give a goal if KDB picked the ball up at halfway and ran it into the goal rugby style! 

Just now, villa4europe said:

again a quarter of a billion is **** all in the context of what city have spent, is it even their bench?

our spending in the context of the PL and especially the top 6 is nothing, £250m is nothing

Is that net or gross?

• Haha 1