Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Worse thing about that clip is when you run it from by frame you see Grealish change the way he is running to hang his leg out.

Shame he felt the need to play for the penalty after  us after making him the player he is today. 

How must that boy feel infront of the Villa fans with his hands in the air appealing for that and then getting it. Right infront of them!

How must he have felt when all those City fans ran to the Villa end last day screaming ‘super Jack’ in our faces. I think it makes him happy. He makes my stomach turn just looking at his traitorous face

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

…a battling defeat, something to build on, giving them something to think about. We have been really, really poor and got worse as the half went on. No leadership out there either it’s like men vs boys.

Battling?

Villa?

Based on what?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

He clearly trips himself. He sticks his legs between ramsey’s and falls over  

and then the commentary team calling it clever 🤣🤣🤣

just a joke, it’ll never change with pundits not calling it what it is. Cheating. 

Yep he ultimately trips himself but only because Ramsey catches his foot and propels it into his other leg.  People can try and twist it as much as they want but Ramsey caught him and that's why he went over.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

We get battered at the Etihad all the time, depressing 

It's SO annoying. SKY highlighted our abject record there in recent years.  Why do we and only we seem to go on these lengthy runs against top teams.  We've laid most of them to rest in recent times but this one is overdue now. 

Citeh as out of sorts as they've been as well yet still we bend over. 

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

If you wanted something more from this then go for it. Given the news around them being called out for cheating, we knew they would come out firing. Plus we’ve hit a slump defensively and Mings is out. I was expecting a 5-0 loss so I’m not too bothered. Would I like better? Of course but I’m not letting my day get ruined by an expected outcome given all the circumstances.

It’s been an atrocious half from us, no matter who we are playing. You’ve taken exception to the ‘outrage’ of calling a spade a spade as its City not Brentford. If think expecting a better first half than this unrealistic then why even bother.

64323F6E-A03E-44E8-B641-2B2EF5438699.jpeg.1f842e4d4ac169ed19a61bdec6c9153b.jpeg