Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Really dislike the idea of signing Felix on loan.  

Can’t stand the thought of paying his astronomical wages as he struts around the place with his inflated ego ‘dreaming of playing for Barca’, while churning out a string of inept performances before inevitably getting injured.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Can’t stand the thought of paying his astronomical wages as he struts around the place with his inflated ego ‘dreaming of playing for Barca’, while churning out a string of inept performances before inevitably getting injured.

Let him dream what he wants, as long as he comes and committed then why not? He’s a real quality. I normally don’t like big names, but I think his qualities are hard to ignore (add to that the fact that not many teams can use him, he’s perfect for our way of playing). 

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

I doubt we would engage in a pure loan without an option to purchase

Also Felixs off field junk is bleeding into perceptions of his on field performances - he was far from inept at Chelsea

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Vlahovic, Felix and a RB incoming...

Would love that but id be suprised  if any of the first two come

I think zanicolo is ollies backup so dont think a striker is on the list but i hope im wrong

Right back is a urgent position that we need addressing

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Chiesa, Torres, Fati, Johnson. These are all players we’ve been linked with that haven’t moved yet. I’m sure there’s lots more.

I keep harking back to when we were linked with Alemany and all of the reports were that he was to be given a ‘blank cheque’ when it came to signings. Not only that, reporters like Collomosse have been saying we’re in for another attacker/midfield option throughout (perhaps Zaniolo was one of these). It doesn’t feel like we’ve had a ‘blank cheque’ style Summer and I still think we’re light in the left side of attack. 

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t bring at least one more big signing in considering it’s likely Coutinho will leave and players like Philogene, Archer are moving on. 

Would love to sign a really high profile left sided midfielder to compete with Ramsey and a top quality right back. We’d be in such a strong position. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

At the moment we do seem to have a smaller squad than last year… when we’re in a European competition too… 

Yep! We do need to start bringing a few more players in now, a couple more injuries and we will be using youth players.... 

With the extra games from Europe we can't expect  out mian 11 to play every game, the bench looked light vs hibs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Chiesa, Torres, Fati, Johnson. These are all players we’ve been linked with that haven’t moved yet. I’m sure there’s lots more.

I keep harking back to when we were linked with Alemany and all of the reports were that he was to be given a ‘blank cheque’ when it came to signings. Not only that, reporters like Collomosse have been saying we’re in for another attacker/midfield option throughout (perhaps Zaniolo was one of these). It doesn’t feel like we’ve had a ‘blank cheque’ style Summer and I still think we’re light in the left side of attack. 

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t bring at least one more big signing in considering it’s likely Coutinho will leave and players like Philogene, Archer are moving on. 

Would love to sign a really high profile left sided midfielder to compete with Ramsey and a top quality right back. We’d be in such a strong position. 

Chiesa about to sign a new contract I think. Agree about right back, someone as competition for Ramsey wouldn't be bad.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Blank cheque was never going to happen for us. 

5 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Let him dream what he wants, as long as he comes and committed then why not? He’s a real quality. I normally don’t like big names, but I think his qualities are hard to ignore (add to that the fact that not many teams can use him, he’s perfect for our way of playing). 

Not too committed to Atletico is he?

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not too committed to Atletico is he?

He has to make his next move work, wherever that is. If you try to pull a hottie at the start of the night but she hedges her bets until last orders, are you too proud to still take her home at closing time? 

I think we will see an attacking player join, someone high profile who would have us as their 2nd or 3rd option and waiting until late in window before accepting us. 

I think we're set in defence. Dendonker is an experienced CB in a back three so I feel his versatility along with Chambers has us covered there. We've three top class CBs fit and Carlos can operate on either side too. 

Digne in or out means replacement in our out so that solves itself. 

One more attacking player we all are excited about completes this squad for me. 

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

He has to make his next move work, wherever that is. If you try to pull a hottie at the start of the night but she hedges her bets until last orders, are you too proud to still take her home at closing time? 

This analogy is spectacular.

And no, I'm not too proud.

• Like 2

Duran/Watkins Zaniolo/Diaby 

JJ/New Luiz/Tielemans Kamara/Dendonler McGinn/Bailey

Digne/Moreno, Pau/Konsa/Carlos, Cash/Chambers 

Martinez/Olsen

If we can get that left sided winger/forward who can play up top or off left. That will balance out the squad I feel.