Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

My guess is still that we don’t have any big incoming transfers.

I think we’ll make an attempt for a player or two who fit that criteria… whether they join or not is a different matter. Much more difficult to convince that calibre of player to sign…

I think we’re setting our sights high and taking a quality not quantity approach.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

You may be right but feels and sounds like Monchi and Emery are still trying for some more whether big or small it’s hard to guess but I’m assuming they are bigger because players are waiting to see if an elite club comes in for them and if not they’ll come to us.  Doku could’ve been one of those moves but he got his City move, Felix has still not moved I don’t think, or names we don’t know about.  I get the impression the club are still trying to make some moves and it might go down to the final couple of days.

• Like 1

I think Zaniolo could play as an attacker with Diaby beside him. We’re actually having Watkins mostly because of his pressing (which we didn’t like Archer for). We have Duran as well. Much more choices than last season. I’d keep Traore around just incase (he won us 6 points last season). 
I don’t mind getting a left forward but then what would we do when Ramsey is back? I’d still be happy with Fati for example but definitely not on that price. Glad that Emery is saying we’d be intelligent and smart, that would possibly mean another loan to buy. For now I’d sell Coutinho if there is still any buyers. If we do that it would make sense getting one of the 3 Barcelona linked players. 
To be honest the more I think of it, the more tough it becomes. Glad that we’ve put the left back aside, as Dinge would be as good as anyone we’ll get and loaning him isn’t the best. If he was to go permanently then yes. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We are trying as well to be intelligent and smart in the last days of the transfer window if we need something more. And if someone is leaving as well."

Well that makes a nice change from years of stupid and shit in the transfer market. (NSWE days excluded!)

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You may be right but feels and sounds like Monchi and Emery are still trying for some more whether big or small it’s hard to guess but I’m assuming they are bigger because players are waiting to see if an elite club comes in for them and if not they’ll come to us.  Doku could’ve been one of those moves but he got his City move, Felix has still not moved I don’t think, or names we don’t know about.  I get the impression the club are still trying to make some moves and it might go down to the final couple of days.

How many players do Barca still need to get rid of before they can register any of the new players that they have bought?  I still think we'll snag someone from there before the end of the window when basically Barca realise that they have to accept a low bid otherwise they'll be stuck with new signings who can't play.  And we'll probably pick up a defender from Spain as well.

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Generally I don’t like big incoming and fear most of them. But I still think that getting Felix on loan (with a buying option) would be one of the best moves by the club. He’s a real quality (and I mostly saw him with Chelsea), so I’m saying that based on a bad Chelsea team. Other than that I’d be happy with what we’re doing. Pau, Diaby and Zaniolo are all big names but not coming from big teams (which I do usually fear). You get players on the up rather than other way round, (well, Zaniolo is a different story but still minimized the risk by the loan).

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Well that makes a nice change from years of stupid and shit in the transfer market. (NSWE days excluded!)

Even during NSWE, DS panicked with the Grealish money, and then SG continued after that and I remember him saying with Dinge and Coutinho he’s willing to get similar players (high prices and no resale values). 
NSWE are never in doubt, but now the full team are on the same direction. When the manager look at things financially as well you know what the chemistry between all of them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

My Portuguese isnt great, but permanent move to Qatar or something 

Posted in his thread… no club is named but off to Qatar apparently (whereas Brazilian fans wanted him to return home, to Corinthians or Vasco) and for less than we paid for him so we avoid the 50% fee to Barca…

All for it if true…

Now let’s bring in some high quality, effective and reliable players that can get us flying!

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I’m all for Coutinho leaving as long as we’re actually going to be bringing in some attacking reinforcements.

If he goes, along with Archer and Philogene, our bench is getting smaller by the day.

I’m confident we are and that it’s going to be a really busy and active next week up until the deadline!

I’m onboard with selling Phil, we need players who can be what he SHOULD HAVE BEEN for us…

Not those that are well past their best and have little to offer and little to no reliability factor…

Seems like the club are trying to ensure we spend our finances on players that can actually consistently contribute and genuinely impact and elevate the team… hooray.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If it’s a choice between the two… I’d rather shift Coutinho than Digne. 

A decent LB who is usually available…

Phil is far too injury prone and well past his best…

Get the felling the club wanted to get one or the others wages of the books and since digne is staying Coutihno move has been granted … it hasn’t worked as all had hoped but was worth the risk and Lange played a blinder getting him in for half the agreed fee. With him going to Qatar we should get say £15mill for him & full wages off the books. Add in £14mill for A.Ramsey, £18-20mins for Archer, £3Mill for Nakamba, £5-6mill for Philogene & £2-3mill for Davis that’s maybe £50 mill in sales against expenditure of what £75-£80mill. Happy days 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Get the felling the club wanted to get one or the others wages of the books and since digne is staying Coutihno move has been granted … it hasn’t worked as all had hoped but was worth the risk and Lange played a blinder getting him in for half the agreed fee. With him going to Qatar we should get say £15mill for him & full wages off the books. Add in £14mill for A.Ramsey, £18-20mins for Archer, £3Mill for Nakamba, £5-6mill for Philogene & £2-3mill for Davis that’s maybe £50 mill in sales against expenditure of what £75-£80mill. Happy days 

Don’t Barca have like a 50% sell on clause for Coutinho?

Coutinho has looked bright in recent cameos but still felt more style over substance. Perfectly summed up against Everton he does an incredible bit of skill but then takes a shot from 35 yards which goes nowhere near the goal. Would much rather have a less flashy player who’s much more functional.

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

Don’t Barca have like a 50% sell on clause for Coutinho?

I don't think it was ever confirmed at the time whether it’s was 50% of any fee or 50% if we sold him for more than we purchased… I’d go the latter. 

Gutted that Coutinho hasn't really worked out as a player.  I do think that signing him helped us sell the club to other players who have had more of an impact.  I also get the impression that he's been a great person to have around the club / training and not at all a "big time Charlie".  I think he's always wanted to play too - just that his body hasn't let him.  Some of the intense anti-Coutinho rhetoric is disappointing - especially as his biggest "faults" were being signed by Gerrard and Purslow and not being as good as he used to be.  If he really is off then hopefully we get a good fee and he finds a level of football that allows him to show off some of his skills.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We will have no one left at this rate. I hope there are a few additions lined up. 

Yeah I am sure that Emery and Monchi's strategy is to end up with 16 players by the end of the window.......sarcasm warning

Edited by allani