Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I think we could sort our squad out relatively cheaply and effectively. We don’t have to Chelsea it!

ST/IF we could get someone like Iglesias or Gouiri. For RB we could get someone like Foyth or Geertruida (if we’re after a defensive minded RB). If not then Anau Martinez or Fresneda perhaps. 

Personally I’d like an attacking midfielder that can cover both flanks and provide competition mainly for Ramsey, perhaps someone like Goncalves but a cheaper alternative, perhaps Cherki, Almada or Lindstrom. Need someone like Zaniolo but more left side focussed.

I liked Schelderup before he went to Benfica, perhaps a cheeky loan offer with a buy option?

Mike Tresor at Genk had a good season at LW last year (8g & 21a) and would be cheap as chips. 

This was our 25 (24?) man squad list Sept last year,  by my reckoning we only have 16 of those left, plus Diaby, Tielemans, Pau and Zaniolo. JJ Ramsey might also count as part of that 25 man squad now too… so I’d be surprised if we don’t see at least 2 or 3 more come in surely?

Augustinsson, Hans Carl Ludwig
Bailey, Leon Patrick
Bednarek, Jan
Buendia Stati, Emiliano
Cash, Matthew Stuart*
Chambers, Calum*
Coutinho Correia, Philippe
Dendoncker, Leander
Digne, Lucas
Guilbert, Frederic
Ings, Daniel William John*
Kamara, Boubacar Bernard
Konsa, Ezri Ngoyo*
Martinez Romero, Damian Emiliano*
McGinn, John
Mings, Tyrone Deon*
Nakamba, Marvelous
Olsen, Robin
Sanson, Morgan Stephane
Santos Silva, Diego Carlos
Soares De Paulo, Douglas Luiz
Steer, Jed John*
Watkins, Oliver George Arthur*
Young, Ashley*

Was looking at our attacking options  earlier, we do have quite a lot - Watkins, Zaniolo, Diaby, Bailey, Traore, Duran, all competing for three positions  and can be played in lots of different combinations (and it looked like Coutinho would stay). If Coutinho is off though (and Archer), then one more might  be nice (versatile attacker that  plays mainly left/am) if it's  really going to enhance us, but not totally  necessary.  

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This was our 25 (24?) man squad list Sept last year,  by my reckoning we only have 16 of those left, plus Diaby, Tielemans, Pau and Zaniolo. JJ Ramsey might also count as part of that 25 man squad now too… so I’d be surprised if we don’t see at least 2 or 3 more come in surely?

Augustinsson, Hans Carl Ludwig
Bailey, Leon Patrick
Bednarek, Jan
Buendia Stati, Emiliano
Cash, Matthew Stuart*
Chambers, Calum*
Coutinho Correia, Philippe
Dendoncker, Leander
Digne, Lucas
Guilbert, Frederic
Ings, Daniel William John*
Kamara, Boubacar Bernard
Konsa, Ezri Ngoyo*
Martinez Romero, Damian Emiliano*
McGinn, John
Mings, Tyrone Deon*
Nakamba, Marvelous
Olsen, Robin
Sanson, Morgan Stephane
Santos Silva, Diego Carlos
Soares De Paulo, Douglas Luiz
Steer, Jed John*
Watkins, Oliver George Arthur*
Young, Ashley*

Moreno and Duran

Emery said today it's important to strengthen and he put extra emphasis on the word 'important' the way he pronounced it and the expression that passed across his face as he said it, he also said that players will be brought in if others leave, or words to that effect.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, allani said:

Gutted that Coutinho hasn't really worked out as a player.  I do think that signing him helped us sell the club to other players who have had more of an impact.  I also get the impression that he's been a great person to have around the club / training and not at all a "big time Charlie".  I think he's always wanted to play too - just that his body hasn't let him.  Some of the intense anti-Coutinho rhetoric is disappointing - especially as his biggest "faults" were being signed by Gerrard and Purslow and not being as good as he used to be.  If he really is off then hopefully we get a good fee and he finds a level of football that allows him to show off some of his skills.

To be fair the don’t think have seen anyone say anything other than he isn’t good enough because of his body.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Get the felling the club wanted to get one or the others wages of the books and since digne is staying Coutihno move has been granted … it hasn’t worked as all had hoped but was worth the risk and Lange played a blinder getting him in for half the agreed fee. With him going to Qatar we should get say £15mill for him & full wages off the books. Add in £14mill for A.Ramsey, £18-20mins for Archer, £3Mill for Nakamba, £5-6mill for Philogene & £2-3mill for Davis that’s maybe £50 mill in sales against expenditure of what £75-£80mill. Happy days 

A profit for FFP 

This will not be like previous windows where it was slow considered squad building. Monchi doesn't work like that. Listen to Emery and the way he talks openly about Digne leaving / not leaving and our interest in Acuna .. loads will be going on . FFP is always a concern for a club with half the revenue of the teams we are aiming to disrupt so we will have to be clever and shift players on to free up wages for bigger purchases. And the way the decks are being cleared it all points to some big moves in the next week.