Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

44 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Chiesa about to sign a new contract I think. 

Juve looking to offer him a new contract after the transfer window closes.

...providing he's still with them by then.   👀

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Interesting we haven’t gone back in for Guendouzi. Does Tielemans mean we don’t need him. I had in my head he was more advanced and would play the McGinn/Ramsey role. Losing Buendia, Coutinho I feel like we need one more player there. Think I saw a quote from Unai saying we won’t replace Buendia which leaves us light in that position for me. 

I just wonder if and when Coutinho leaves we may go for Lo Celso? I know he’s not particularly Coutinho’s position but Zaniolo is probably that replacement.

Lo Celso would be more a Buendia replacement and someone I can see we would be interested in. 

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

I just wonder if and when Coutinho leaves we may go for Lo Celso? I know he’s not particularly Coutinho’s position but Zaniolo is probably that replacement.

Lo Celso would be more a Buendia replacement and someone I can see we would be interested in. 

No thank you to Lo Celso!

• Thanks 1

I still have reservations about our ability to defend the flanks, from the top sides, with quality talent.

Our full backs all have offensive tendencies, and lack that bit of steel in defending.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Interesting we haven’t gone back in for Guendouzi. Does Tielemans mean we don’t need him. I had in my head he was more advanced and would play the McGinn/Ramsey role. Losing Buendia, Coutinho I feel like we need one more player there. Think I saw a quote from Unai saying we won’t replace Buendia which leaves us light in that position for me. 

I think McGinn return to form meant Guendouzi wasnt really needed

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I still have reservations about our ability to defend the flanks, from the top sides, with quality talent.

Our full backs all have offensive tendencies, and lack that bit of steel in defending.

Don’t worry, Pau has it sorted…

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Romano is definitely doing some touting of Tavares to us.  I’m hoping we don’t listen 

Haven’t followed the player much but he has been slated for how he did at Arsenal but… he is still young (preferable to older players with little to no longevity), has had a positive loan at Marseille, can keep improving (especially under Unai) and maybe just didn’t fit in to the style/system/environment at Arsenal?

Dunno really…. It if Unai wants him there’s got to be some real potential there…

6 goals last season too… but can he defend?

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Haven’t followed the player much but he has been slated for how he did at Arsenal but… he is still young (preferable to older players with little to no longevity), has had a positive loan at Marseille, can keep improving (especially under Unai) and maybe just didn’t fit in to the style/system/environment at Arsenal?

Dunno really…. It if Unai wants him there’s got to be some real potential there…

6 goals last season too… but can he defend?

I watched a Marseille game last season when we were linked with Guendozi and I have to say that Tavares looked very hit and miss. Some great moments followed by some shockers. Looked the same as when he was at Arsenal. It was only one game though. 

He is only 23 though so there’s a player there to work with.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa