Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

56 minutes ago, RichW said:

Villa gonna have to shift a lot of squad players this summer so wouldn’t be surprised if we have to wait towards the end of the transfer window for some signings. Off the top of my head:-

Returning from loan

Kieran Davis 
Kourtney Hause
Wesley
Sanson
Nakamba (guess Luton will come in for him)

Most likely going to be surplus to requirements

Robin Olsen
Calum Chambers
Traore

Feel like it’s going to be a struggle to shift some of these off the wage bill. 

If only we had links with Saudi and could offload our fringe players for a large fee..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grobs said:

If we have actually gone for chiesa it’s just embarrassing. We are so far away from that level… I just hope it’s clickbait 

I don’t see ambition as embarrassing. I remember Man City going after Robinho 10/12 years ago and people thought that was far fetched and unlikely but he sighed albeit for a huge salary but it happened. I’d rather see links to Chiesa than the lazy rubbish like Adams or any other Leeds player written by journalists that have missed the news that we have very wealthy and competent owners who have set up an executive structure up there with the best in the business and hired an elite manager. 

just on the Leeds links I would rather us be linked to chiesa’s dad than those Leeds players.

• Like 1

Got a feeling Villa will be unspectacular in the transfer market...yet it doesn't mean we won't improve.

A bit like January, there was money available yet (allegedly) Emery was frustrated by other players. From the sounds we are hearing the same seems to be happening again; Villa are just a non-entity with foreign players/clubs etc.

It may take another season of top eight or maybe seventh and a decent run in Europe to convince the wider audience we are back.

It is slightly unfortunate that there does seem to be plenty of money to spend yet I feel Emery won't just waste it on anyone. Is he happy just to sign a third or fourth choice player on his wishlist?

Personally I feel we need a couple of exceptional signings; perhaps one or two from Asensio, Kang-In, Williams or Gonçalves may have been those players? Villa are so short of quality in attacking positions; it must be addressed!

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Got a feeling Villa will be unspectacular in the transfer market...yet it doesn't mean we won't improve.

A bit like January, there was money available yet (allegedly) Emery was frustrated by other players. From the sounds we are hearing the same seems to be happening again; Villa are just a non-entity with foreign players/clubs etc.

It may take another season of top eight or maybe seventh and a decent run in Europe to convince the wider audience we are back.

It is slightly unfortunate that there does seem to be plenty of money to spend yet I feel Emery won't just waste it on anyone. Is he happy just to sign a third or fourth choice player on his wishlist?

Personally I feel we need a couple of exceptional signings; perhaps one or two from Asensio, Kang-In, Williams or Gonçalves may have been those players? Villa are so short of quality in attacking positions; it must be addressed!

I think Joao Felix is realistic, despite all what’s happening and being said, it only part of negotiations from his side, when he realizes no one is in for him, he might have his mind changed. That would be our perfect signing (if we done with a good fee or loan with buy option). Arda links seem interesting but won’t be easy to convince him. If we do, then we’ll be one of the best technical teams next season. We’ll need some pace so getting a cheaper option such as Ramzani and we’ll be flying and hopefully scoring for fun.

2 hours ago, RichW said:

Villa gonna have to shift a lot of squad players this summer so wouldn’t be surprised if we have to wait towards the end of the transfer window for some signings. Off the top of my head:-

Returning from loan

Kieran Davis 
Kourtney Hause
Wesley
Sanson
Nakamba (guess Luton will come in for him)

Most likely going to be surplus to requirements

Robin Olsen
Calum Chambers
Traore

Feel like it’s going to be a struggle to shift some of these off the wage bill. 

I’d guess Bailey/Coutinho could be on the list too.

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

In Big Brother Voice 

“Day 13 of The Transfer window and it’s getting tetchy in the VT Transfer Speculation Thread…..”

Kiwi (not the fruit

Did you just assume my genus?

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I remember when we signed Moreno I wasn't excited about it, remember thinking oh not another 29 year old left back on the books however you can see how he fits how Emery wants to play. I guess this might be the case with a couple of signings we may see this summer where in time they prove to be very good signings. 

People were saying Villa "won" the transfer window when we signed Digne, Coutinho and they've not turned out well. When Spurs made all their signings last summer people were saying Spurs "won" the transfer window and they went backwards last season. I just want Villa to be smart in the transfer market this summer - was a bit frustrating when we saw Purslow at the Arsenal game say it was going to be a "big summer" as it just raised expectations needlessly. Going to presume he didn't think at the time he'd be out the door by June. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You don't bid for a player unless you already know they're open to coming. Bidding is at the end of the process.
So either Chiesa is open to coming, or its just nonsense to begin with.

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

You don't bid for a player unless you already know they're open to coming. Bidding is at the end of the process.
So either Chiesa is open to coming, or its just nonsense to begin with.

I think it could be one of these 'maybe, no promises, make me an offer' type scenarios. We'd all love for players to be jumping at the chance to sign for us, but if we want this calibre of signing, we will need to make some allowances. 

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just stop believing every link you see. How many seasons have we gone under the radar with signings since NSWE took over, often much to the annoyance of media, ITKs yet people still get upset

the main problem is that we're missing out on the realistic targets because Monchi spends 7.45 hours of his 8 hour day chasing the unrealistic ones

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the main problem is that we're missing out on the realistic targets because Monchi spends 7.45 hours of his 8 hour day chasing the unrealistic ones

But if we were to sign say two unrealistic targets all summer, we’d all be over the moon.

43 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Our very own indestructible Captain Scarlett. Hopefully, he puts a few more mysteryons to the sword next season. 

Really loved the comment, "this is like home for me".

Wrong thread mate but… yeah 😆

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gaz90 said:

I'm not sure how much he knows (if anything). Equally, I'm not sure how much you or anyone else on this board knows. If I was a betting man, I'd bet that we all know somewhere between very little and absolutely nothing.

So let's deal in facts. The domestic window has been open for 8 days and we've signed 1 player from Leicester City. The international window isn't open for another 9 days and we've understandably signed zero players from abroad. We've therefore signed the joint-fourth or fifth (depending on what you read) most players out of all Premier League clubs, including the likes of Luton, Everton and West Ham, all of which need signings much more than us. That also includes the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal, who are arguably closer to where we want to be.

Chances are we'll never know the full facts of what happens in this window or most other windows, so the most sensible approach, and the least irritating one for others, is to hold off with the panic until much closer to the end of the window, when it's probably a bit more warranted.

I agree....and like you, I can only guess what goes on.I have no idea of the detail.

The only thing that concerns me, is clubs that we are competing with, West Ham, Spurs etc are likely to have huge injects of cash from possible elite player sales and this will give them a huge boost in the market.

You are right, The international window is not open for 9 days....but I am unsure, that anything is lined up, anyway......There is always a huge reliance on the selling club wanting to sell or the player himself engineering  move, like Jack did....I think it is unlikely we will be a club that motions a bid, that the selling club can't refuse....I simply don't see that happening, no matter how much UE/ Monchie fancies the player.

I don't think, for one minute, these signings are easy and too many variables have to be met.

I am neither upbeat or concerned.....I will just wait and see....but either way, I will not be surprised.