Jhon Durán

PieFacE

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He's looked really dangerous every time he's come on, and he's only 19 years old.

A project for the future... still looks very raw... but could see him scoring a few goals next season. I like his personality as well.

I wouldn't go as far as saying dangerous, but I agree RE: his personality - he's definitely hungry and willing to work. There's a lot for Emery to work with there. 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Seems we’ve stopped him joining the U20 World Cup squad. I get he’s our only back up striker, but you’d think that would be an important part of his development going to a. WC

We did it last week before the Wolves game. I can see why the club have done it but a blow for him

What absolutely infuriates me is young and fresh players being on the pitch in a game you're winning and desperate to see out....not running around like a mad man.

Fair enough he's running with the ball or to get forward but **** me, some of the most non existent pressing I've ever seen.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But not really the same. Davis did have starts for us.

Did he?

Did have consecutive starts under Steve Bruce. But that's about it.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What absolutely infuriates me is young and fresh players being on the pitch in a game you're winning and desperate to see out....not running around like a mad man.

Fair enough he's running with the ball or to get forward but **** me, some of the most non existent pressing I've ever seen.

Do you mean pressing their defence? Because as I understand our system (and I’m no tactical genius) we avoid doing that in the last 15 mins or so when we are winning as we want them to just knock it around at the back (versus earlier in the game when we press to get mistakes). If you mean not tracking back etc obviously that’s different to pressing and I didn’t watch him on that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Do you mean pressing their defence? Because as I understand our system (and I’m no tactical genius) we avoid doing that in the last 15 mins or so when we are winning as we want them to just knock it around at the back (versus earlier in the game when we press to get mistakes). If you mean not tracking back etc obviously that’s different to pressing and I didn’t watch him on that.

Just getting across the middle of the pitch to hold a position.

All a bit harsh?

Barely had a sniff (in this team) so far as he adjusts, clearly fancied ahead of Traore today, and today came on when we were running the game down not looking to feed our forwards. All our stats bombed in the last 15 minutes, we even took Ollie off for Cash. He should be judged on his offensive game when he gets a proper chance at that, but today he was a wild card, fresh young legs, energy and physicality. 

It’s a team game and we won.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Archer is a million miles ahead of this guy. I hope we signed him for potential, he's got absolutely no place being on a PL pitch right now.

Yep i agree. Ive seen enough he is nowhere near cams level.

The only thing that matters about Duran is does Unai want him in the squad next year or not.  i suspect not. So he can go on loan to the championship and learn his trade .

I suspect even Archer will struggle to get into a match day squad next season and he is miles ahead in development. 

Jhon is a big big talent. But  rather than buy a technical potential superstar they bought a physical potential superstar.

• Like 2

Just now, thunderball said:

All a bit harsh?

Barely had a sniff (in this team) so far as he adjusts, clearly fancied ahead of Traore today, and today came on when we were running the game down not looking to feed our forwards. All our stats bombed in the last 15 minutes, we even took Ollie off for Cash. He should be judged on his offensive game when he gets a proper chance at that, but today he was a wild card, fresh young legs, energy and physicality. 

It’s a team game and we won.

He lost all aerial duels lost the ball carelessly and at one point should have run the clock down but lost the ball carelessly 

Needs a loan

Â