Jhon Durán

PieFacE

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What on earth do we know about Duran's attitude?!? The kid has barely kicked a ball for us. 

I thought he was talking about Watkins attitude mate?

Could be wrong myself

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

24 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What on earth do we know about Duran's attitude?!? The kid has barely kicked a ball for us. 

And, he seems to have a great attitude (as in giving it his all).

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I thought he was talking about Watkins attitude mate?

Could be wrong myself

Ah i'm unsure, either way it's a strange statement :D 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate his first contribution was literally to steal the ball from opposition and then feed us into a dangerous area which we then wasted.

That was the only thing he did though. He was postionally all over the place.  I can see why emery says he is abit raw

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That was the only thing he did though. He was postionally all over the place.  I can see why emery says he is abit raw

I think that is why I think he is better to stay with us next year and work with Emery and our coaches on the positioning side of things.  He seems to have all the attributes and the right attitude.  I'm just worried that if he goes to another team and is coached properly then his game won't develop as quickly as we would like.  If Archer comes back I am not sure that we can't have both of them providing options.

2 minutes ago, allani said:

I think that is why I think he is better to stay with us next year and work with Emery and our coaches on the positioning side of things.  He seems to have all the attributes and the right attitude.  I'm just worried that if he goes to another team and is coached properly then his game won't develop as quickly as we would like.  If Archer comes back I am not sure that we can't have both of them providing options.

Over next year he'll be called up regularly for Colombia and they have World cup qualifiers starting in September so will be facing plenty of top quality defenders. A loan to lower half Spanish or Portugal team and he'll be getting regular minutes in top leagues.

He's young, he needs to learn so think move rather than just more sub cameos is way to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Over next year he'll be called up regularly for Colombia and they have World cup qualifiers starting in September so will be facing plenty of top quality defenders. A loan to lower half Spanish or Portugal team and he'll be getting regular minutes in top leagues.

He's young, he needs to learn so think move rather than just more sub cameos is way to go.

My worry is that if he goes then we are relying on other coaches to teach him and there is no guarantee that they will want him to play the way that Emery will.  It's tricky because game time is also important.  I just think he looks like one of those players who if / when he scores could suddenly just click.  The footballing equivalent of Stuart Broad.

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Of course Emery would say he has a lot to learn. He's 19.

We need Archer in the squad next year, whether its in addition to this guy or instead of is the dilemma. Don't think he has looked bad at all when we have seen his brief cameos. he definitely should have buried that chance agains the hammers at their place though

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Of course Emery would say he has a lot to learn. He's 19.

Exactly so a loan will help. I mean lets be honest on what you have seen between  him and archer who are you more confident will score a game or change a game in  our favour?

• Like 1

Let's wait and see how he looks after the summer pre season and after we know what new signings we bring in before deciding were he should play next season.

6 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Start him over Watkins first 

He’s barely been given any time by Emery yet, what makes you think he’s ready to start?  Obviously Emery, who knows best, barely giving him minutes doesn’t think so and I can’t go with we don’t know until he’s thrown into the deep end phrase that people sometimes use in similar situations.  Emery obviously has a plan for him and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was to keep him with the squad for six months to get used to us and then out on loan next season to build competitive match fitness and experience.  No way start him even if Watkins is a bit off form at the moment.

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Let's wait and see how he looks after the summer pre season and after we know what new signings we bring in before deciding were he should play next season.

I think he’ll go out on loan with Archer coming back in as third striker and us buying another striker for competition with Ollie.  Emery has already indicated wanting another striker, I think a loan for Duran might do him good then.  As for Archer, we have as third striker or sell him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I think he’ll go out on loan with Archer coming back in as third striker and us buying another striker for competition with Ollie.  Emery has already indicated wanting another striker, I think a loan for Duran might do him good then.  As for Archer, we have as third striker or sell him.

Yeah something like that. Think we'll try and bring in someone to play alongside Watkins rather than as competition. Either a classical #9 type or someone with ball skill and/or pace. 

Hope Archer comes back and is good enough and a loan might be good for Duran unless he makes big strides in the summer (might happen). Just got to be the right loan to the right club. Not sure him going to some small club with a limited manager in the Championship would be ideal. Vitoria or maybe Spain or France might be better. IF he's loaned out at all. Let's wait and see how the summer turns out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly so a loan will help. I mean lets be honest on what you have seen between  him and archer who are you more confident will score a game or change a game in  our favour?

Duran hasn't had a single start so I've not seen anywhere near enough of him to judge. But I am a fan of Archer.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Duran hasn't had a single start so I've not seen anywhere near enough of him to judge. But I am a fan of Archer.

I personally dont think he is good enough to start yet. Its not his fault he has been thrown in deep end. Its a massive step up from MLS to PL

I would even argue championship is a higher standard than MLS

He's looked really dangerous every time he's come on, and he's only 19 years old.

A project for the future... still looks very raw... but could see him scoring a few goals next season. I like his personality as well.

• Like 3

Â