Jhon Durán

PieFacE

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He’s going to score today and it will be epic. Everyone will be talking about him tomorrow.

If does that can we not talk about him today or do we wait until tomo? 😉

23 hours ago, Risso said:

It's true in this case though. The club had been working on this deal for months, before Emery even arrived. All it is really is a very expensive youth prospect deal. He'll almost certainly be out on loan next season.

All the same Emery said that it was presented to him durning the January window.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

A waste sub did virtually nothing

Biggest mistake us not loaning him out and not keeping archer here in my opinion. He would ahve had enough game time with all the injuries we had

Though had Ramsey passed back to him, he could've made an immediate impact.

Fine margins and the kid is still very young. He has something, just very raw. Not his fault we sold Ings and he's the only option

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Though had Ramsey passed back to him, he could've made an immediate impact.

Fine margins and the kid is still very young. He has something, just very raw. Not his fault we sold Ings and he's the only option

Its not his fault thrown in deep end but he isnt ready for PL football. Needs a loan.

Archer for me looks a much  better option

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Biggest mistake us not loaning him out and not keeping archer here in my opinion. He would ahve had enough game time with all the injuries we had

Disagree. Did one very nice bit of play, found JJ, got into a dangerous area for the return - JJ didn't see the pass.

• Like 2

I'd be really interested in seeing what he could do with a start to be honest. Not that I'm saying he should have had one already given what's been at stake + the form of Watkins, but he's had some incredibly bright moments condensed into minimal game time. 

Quite confused by this signing really, not sure why when we have Archer virtually there we needed to buy another prospect. Is he an Emery signing? Not sure he is. Hopefully he will come on leaps and bounds, but a loan out next season is surely the best option for him?

It was a strange one and came out of the blue, I like what I have seen of him when coming on as a sub at VP but can't help but thnk it was a club signing rather than Emery. Maybe we should just start him up top alongside Ollie one time and see how he gets on, i reckon he would surprise us. He was quite unlucky against Wet Spam and think he can cause problems, but it did seem a left field signing and i'm sure most of us could probably have suggested players under £19 million which would have had as equal, if not more, impact.

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

All the same Emery said that it was presented to him durning the January window.

I'm sure that it probably was the case that they didn't think they could sign him without at least running it past the manager, but I also think that Emery was shrewd enough to see that he'd be better off not creating a fuss having only just joined. 

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Nowhere near ready for premier league football.

Loan him out next season.

Yep.

Get Archer back in his place AND sign a more proven final third player.

Duran will be playing regularly for Colombia in next 12 months so should be plenty of interest in him but it's clear it's a big ask to expect him to impact on prem games coming on for 15-20 minute cameos at this stage of his career.

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

I'm sure that it probably was the case that they didn't think they could sign him without at least running it past the manager, but I also think that Emery was shrewd enough to see that he'd be better off not creating a fuss having only just joined. 

I think Don Unai has enough standing in the game to be able to say no to signing Duran at the time. He saw something he liked and agreed to it.

I like Duran he’s shown good touches and movement and has been unfortunate not to have scored already. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate his first contribution was literally to steal the ball from opposition and then feed us into a dangerous area which we then wasted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate his first contribution was literally to steal the ball from opposition and then feed us into a dangerous area which we then wasted.

We need a massive overhaul of our strikers. Bailey and Duran need to be put out to boot camp and Watkins must not have an expensive new contract. His attitude is much better than the other two, but he's not consistent enough. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Shirtman said:

We need a massive overhaul of our strikers. Bailey and Duran need to be put out to boot camp and Watkins must not have an expensive new contract. His attitude is much better than the other two, but he's not consistent enough. 

What on earth do we know about Duran's attitude?!? The kid has barely kicked a ball for us. 

Â