Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The only thing that matters about Duran is does Unai want him in the squad next year or not.  i suspect not. So he can go on loan to the championship and learn his trade .

I suspect even Archer will struggle to get into a match day squad next season and he is miles ahead in development. 

Jhon is a big big talent. But  rather than buy a technical potential superstar they bought a physical potential superstar.

Duran just looks like keinan davis in the way he plays

I suspect in a couple of years we will look back on some of the negativity in here and laugh. From my side I’ll give the teenage prospect who has moved continents twice in a few months a bit more time under the tutelage of our world class manager before I write him off. Even as ‘needing a loan’ - let’s see how he looks at the end of the summer and let Emery judge, rather than in his first four months in the country getting occasional minutes here and there. 

Edit: and that’s as someone who thinks Archer is brilliant, ahead of Duran in development and should be given a shot in our squad next season.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A lot of overreactions in this thread. He's been criticised for not running around like a mad man... come on, Stevie G is gone now, we're a grown up club again. The manager has told them what shape to keep. I didn't see him doing anything untoward in that respect.

I trust that Unai is giving him game time because he sees some potential there.

I remember people tearing into Dougie Luiz, Ramsey, even Grealish back in the day ... too lightweight, nothing special, overhyped, lazy, bla bla ... it's all a part of the development curve. He's very young. I like his attitude, give him a chance.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

I don't think there's anyone writing him off in the long term, and it's no gotcha that in 2 or 3 years he might come good. I'm sure we all hope he does. But he's not there yet, nowhere close, and we're very lucky that Watkins hasn't missed games because going half a season with a kid a mile off the pace as our second option was a very risky move.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

So a couple of starts is enough to judge then?

Well no not in my opinion but my point is that there's even less of a sample size to judge Duran on.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Well no not in my opinion but my point is that there's even less of a sample size to judge Duran on.

But we can't throw him in from the start when he doesn't look ready.

Find him a loan in the championship and let's go from there and see how he develops.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

But we can't throw him in from the start when he doesn't look ready.

Find him a loan in the championship and let's go from there and see how he develops.

My view is if he is as bad as some are starting to make out in here - Emery wouldn't even be giving him any minutes at all.

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

You can see that he has all of the necessary attributes to be effective and he is absolutely massive! He could easily be our main man in a few years. He’s only just turned 19!

Can say the same thing about Keinan Davis.

Just like Davis he will need to be able to score goals if he's gonna make it.

Looked uninterested in pressing out of possession, don’t know if that was under instruction but I suspect not.

Difficult for him to have much of an impact with the ball as we conceded more and more possession as the half went on but I’d have liked to have seen a bit more from him without the ball.

Â