Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I'm impressed with him. 

His size, strength, and pace add a lot to our breaks. 

He was outmanoeuvred by Laporte every time the ball was in the air, which showed how inexperienced he still is, but in terms of footballing impact he looks like he could be very handy. 

Also like how he is willing to have a bit of a nibble.

When Moreno got in round the back, I felt he could've cut it back to Duran first time...and so did Duran!

Shows a good level of confidence in himself.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

The league needs a new Tony Yeboah!

The Drogba comparison (for the shot) was very accurate though.

The control of the thigh and snap shot was hugely Drogba-esque, yes!

I would daresay that he's actually half a yard quicker than Drogba was as well. If he manages to be half the striker then I'll be delighted. 

• Like 1

Impressive little cameo. Even better when you consider than he’s 19yrs old and had barely played 60mins of PL football. 

I’ve got high hopes. 

Has the potential to be an absolute force.... he's already a unit that moves like a gazelle and he's not even a "man" yet...  he's impressed in his first 2 PL appearances as a 19 year old.  That control turn around rocket off the bar was sublime.  I would have creamed my shorts if that went in.  Emery mentioned he's been impressed but still needs to work with him tactically speaking...  I think under Unai's tutelage, he could really really flourish.  It's going to be fun watching him continue to get his feet wet the rest of this year, and then this Summer is going to be huge.  Next August it's time to unleash him.

Â