Jhon Durán

PieFacE

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Time for this record to be beaten today…

😉

I feel like saying 'what a waste', but I can't quite remember why Luke Moore never lived up to the hype. 

Edit. I just looked and he scored 42 goals in his whole career. Maybe he just wasn't good. 

Edited by Rolta

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

I feel like saying 'what a waste', but I can't quite remember why Luke Moore never lived up to the hype. 

Edit. I just looked and he scored 42 goals in his whole career. Maybe he just wasn't good. 

God, that yellow kit was nasty. 

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

We thought he was going to be really special when he came through the youth and there were very high expectations of him.   Like many that we believe will be great, they never are able to make the step up to regular first team level.  After watching so many exceptional youth over the years it’s why I’m very cautious about even about the special ones making the level our first team play at.

While Duran is not from our youth, he’s from a much lower quality league and still very raw and young.  Let’s just be cautious around him and really hope he’s the next Grealish, Barry, Cahill and not one of hundreds that don’t.  Less pressure and more time to develop.  Will be still great to see some minutes from him and get the huge welcome from Villa Park today.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

If I remember I think he was top scorer one season then he started well in MON first season and then he got an injury and lost his momentum and form after that. Didnt help Gabby burst through and we signed Carew

On 02/02/2023 at 19:00, MWARLEY2 said:

He looks League 1 at the moment. Just like the level he was playing at. But he has been bought for the future rather than for now.  Lots of people with far more understanding of football than me see real potential in him. 

Holding the ball up will be key. And that will come with time.  He can shoot for sure.  

A big old unit at 19 and a quarter. The next 2 years will see him really gain strength to go with the build. 

Interestingly i think him and Archer would be an incredible front 2 . 

I think he might be decent in the air too....something we lack.

If those were the highlights, he has a way to go.

31 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He's looked bloody good in the training videos. It's not much, but it's encouraging. I have a strange feeling about this kid.

We might see some... Goals on Film!

Ollie also scores awesome goals in training, so I’d take it with a pinch of salt 😂

Â