Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I was wrong, I thought the kid should be given time to settle before getting close to first team minutes but he’s had two great introductions.  

It’s very early days but jeez he’s certainly given us a spark when he’s come on, I really hope he continues. What a shot!

I’m so glad I was wrong!

He looks very good to me mate!

I just had a feeling since we signed him that he would/could be a masterstroke in the grand scheme!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He looks very good to me mate!

I just had a feeling since we signed him that he would/could be a masterstroke in the grand scheme!

I still hope fans still give him time, and no pressure.  He’s a kid in a new country….let’s get excited but let’s not turn that into pressure or ridicule if he has some poor games which will happen as he adapts to this league, level, country and environment.  Cracking start! Very exciting!

• Like 3

Just play him till end of season with Watkins ... get him ready for next season ... looks the business think we have unearthed a beast here, doesn't look out of place at all granted only 2 subs appearances but alot yo like 

Anybody catch what Martin Tyler said about us not knowing we could have 9 subs on the bench and had to request last minute to include him in the line up? Find that hard to believe given we had 2 keepers on the bench looks more like sky saving face to me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

He might have his pouty days but long legged players always get this criticism. Chukwumeka before him then Tammy before him then Kodja and even Mings has been accused of ambling. 

Their stride is so long that they can press without looking like they have to rev the motor like McGinn. 

Agree

Thing as well is there's ambling around and then there's not being a one man press vs man City which is utterly pointless, even a two man won't work, you'll just needlessly run yourself in to the ground while they work 5 yard triangles around you

I'd be more interested in him having the intelligence to know when it's on and when it's not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

He’s got something about him. Sometimes you just know when a player steps on the pitch. 

Many down days ahead of him but Duran is a talent. 

i thought this after the Leicester game. Switched off at half time this game as was so angry about the penalty so left my kid have the tv. Glad he impressed again.

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Anybody catch what Martin Tyler said about us not knowing we could have 9 subs on the bench and had to request last minute to include him in the line up? Find that hard to believe given we had 2 keepers on the bench looks more like sky saving face to me.

I think it was probably just an admin error.  It was on our social media posts so don't see why it would be Sky who are saving face rather than us.

He looked very good anyway, hopefully more to come in the near future.

• Like 1

Â