Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Very good game but apart from the first ten Leeds have been much the better team. 

When is Mings going to realise he isn’t Bobby Moore or Beckenbauer. Gives possession away so many times instead of playing the simple ball.

Leeds cutting through Villa’s midfield at will and Emery must change it to stop that if Villa are to win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

On the bright side, Moreno has settled

And then some. Some bright play with the ball and great hustle and anticipation on that clearance. I think Digne is done as a starter.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

As per other comment, no way do we make a ht sub having already made 2, would be crazy

Why? Has no impact to the final available sub period in the second half. We don’t lose any sub period if we make sub or two half time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Leeds making it difficult  and they should have had at least 1 goal. Blatent penalty from Luiz on rodrigo. If it carries on like this we won't win the game. 

Wouldn't say it was blatant but those do get given. It's was reckless thing to do! Weve had a fortunate half. Leeds up to their usual dirty antics and the ref seems to be fine with it. Hopefully Unai will work out the HT tweaks to expose these gravy gobbling frauds! 

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Need to reshuffle out tactics because of the injuries to Digne & Watkins have forced changes.  Leeds play a very high press and you can typically counter that sort of play with speedy outlets for a counterattack, but with Watkins off the pitch, Ings doesn't stretch the pitch enough to help relieve pressure.  Need to shuffle our shape around again at halftime and I trust Emery to do so.

We dominated play until Watkins came off, then they've gotten the better of us since.  

We were shit since we scored. How can you say we dominated? Watkins lasted half an hour

• Like 1

Kamara only one able to get on the ball and show some composure and class, we won’t survive another half like that, it’s a near miracle it’s 1-0.

Cant just hit long balls up to a strike force with a combined height of 1.5 Tommy Elphicks, need a shift in formation or something.

Lucky to be a goal up and, on the balance of the first half, we don’t deserve it. 

Neville keeps saying about Leeds looking very good but are vulnerable and that’s playing out. 

Need to be better, but I just can’t see it. 

Playing with Buendia does feel like playing with 10 men at the moment

I missed the first 25 minutes, so somebody please tell me how we had 55% of possession in the first half. It was all Leeds after I started watching.

I can tell you this much: Leeds is not likely to get relegated.