January Transfers 2023

sne

"I am grateful to Mr. Bloom and Brighton for giving me the chance to come to the Premier League and I feel I have always done my best for them. I always play football with a smile and with heart. I am the youngest of 10 siblings from a poor upbringing in Santa Domingo in Ecuador.

My dream always to be the most decorated player in the history of Ecuador. I am proud to be able to bring in a record transfer fee for Brighton which would allow them to reinvest it and help the club continue to be successful.

The fans have taken me into their hearts and they will always be in my heart so I hope they can understand why I want to take up this magnificent opportunity.”🙌🏽🙏🏽

Caicedo via his twitter
Edited by useless

Seems a little presumptious of him to say he will bring in a record transfer fee, unless it was written by his agent and a fee has already been agreed. And seems a few of the other Brighton players have been liking the post, which their fans aren't happy about.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Seems a little presumptious of him to say he will bring in a record transfer fee, unless it was written by his agent and a fee has already been agreed. And seems a few of the other Brighton players have been liking the post, which their fans aren't happy about.

yeah, just reading the Brighton forum, they are pi**ed.

Rightly so too, completely disgusting from the player and/or agent.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, just reading the Brighton forum, they are pi**ed.

Rightly so too, completely disgusting from the player and/or agent.

He changed agent a few days ago, this was definitely not a coincidence

13 hours ago, useless said:

Weren't a few of our players supportive of Jack for his move to City? Fans just have to accept that players, and their parasites/entourages, aren't at all bothered about loyalty to mid-table clubs. All of ours would probably jump at the chance to play for Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, Man City or Liverpool (let's be honest, Spurs aren't that big of a draw) if it were offered, even if it means sitting on the bench or playing in reserves for most of the season.

That's what the ideal of a successful career means to them.

Edited by His Name Is Death

Brighton will always find themselves in this kind of situation because of the natural order of football, they’re not a big club irrespective of how well the team is performing, that may change in the future of course if they continue to do well and grow the fanbase but that’s a tall order as well all know.

That being said, I don’t like or condone/support it when players try so publicly to engineer moves away, but this again seems to be becoming part and parcel of the sport now.

• Like 1

I always find it difficult to get annoyed with a lack of loyalty from players towards the club. Because it only ever works one way.

When a player is shit there's no loyalty from fans. They'd want them out of a job as soon as possible. 

They only want loyalty from good players. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, useless said:

"I am grateful to Mr. Bloom and Brighton for giving me the chance to come to the Premier League and I feel I have always done my best for them. I always play football with a smile and with heart. I am the youngest of 10 siblings from a poor upbringing in Santa Domingo in Ecuador.

My dream always to be the most decorated player in the history of Ecuador. I am proud to be able to bring in a record transfer fee for Brighton which would allow them to reinvest it and help the club continue to be successful.

The fans have taken me into their hearts and they will always be in my heart so I hope they can understand why I want to take up this magnificent opportunity.”

Caicedo via his twitter

He's got no **** chance.

spacer.png

89 games for Villa.

101 for Ecuador.

And now a politician.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Funny how Brighton keep signing players for £10 and turn them into stars, only to see them run for the door asap. Is De Zerbi really that unpleasant?

Well Brighton arent paying them 100-200k a week is the issue

sounds like brighton are standing firm and told him not to show his face around the training ground until the transfer window closes where they expect him to remain a brighton player unless a bid of 90m is put on the table. good on them.

i'm not sure how it can be done, but there needs to be something done here to stop players doing this crap. lengthy bans if players publicly declare a desire to move before either an official transfer request has been submitted and/or an official bid has been accepted maybe?

Â