January Transfers 2023

sne

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well Brighton arent paying them 100-200k a week is the issue

just had a quick look on their forum...he's on 'only' 25k a week! want to keep your best players lads? stop paying them championship level wages

appreciate we've got some financial muscle behind us but as soon as our players step up a notch, we bump up their contracts i.e. dibu a year ago

29 mill buy option for Mckennie seems pricey for him. 

Juventus clearly need to sell some assets but I imagine Mckennie will have to have a really good season for Leeds to activate that. 

Bit like the 33mill Coutinho buy option which didn't get activated then got renegotiated to 16mill.

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Teams like Atalanta, RB Salzburg ahow how it can be done. Brighton apparently have a great analytic set up which I dont think Southampton had at the time

People very much used to say that Southampton had an incredible analytics team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

just had a quick look on their forum...he's on 'only' 25k a week! want to keep your best players lads? stop paying them championship level wages

appreciate we've got some financial muscle behind us but as soon as our players step up a notch, we bump up their contracts i.e. dibu a year ago

He came from the Ecuador league. Be stupid put him on 100k a week straightaway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

sounds like brighton are standing firm and told him not to show his face around the training ground until the transfer window closes where they expect him to remain a brighton player unless a bid of 90m is put on the table. good on them.

i'm not sure how it can be done, but there needs to be something done here to stop players doing this crap. lengthy bans if players publicly declare a desire to move before either an official transfer request has been submitted and/or an official bid has been accepted maybe?

The contracts need to be made so that they are paid when they do their job, meaning that if they throw a strop for not getting their transfer, no wages

1 hour ago, a-k said:

The contracts need to be made so that they are paid when they do their job, meaning that if they throw a strop for not getting their transfer, no wages

well it's probably grounds for a week or 2 fine anyway...but a small amount of money like that isn't an incentive

i think a big change that's absolutely do-able is that if you publicly demand a transfer than it's deemed to be an official transfer request and you lose the 10% of the transfer fee you're entitled to. a 50k fine wouldn't bother him...but losing the 6m that he'd make from the transfer would make him think twice

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

He's played 26 games. £25k a week seems fair - its not poverty is it? Over £1m a year.

He'd have probably been offered a new contract in the summer if he was going to stay. No chance now though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

He's played 26 games. £25k a week seems fair - its not poverty is it? Over £1m a year.

He'd have probably been offered a new contract in the summer if he was going to stay. No chance now though. 

yeah i take it back, thought he'd been there longer

• Like 1

I get the argument that Caicedo is being ungrateful, but if Brighton get £80m for him it’s not as if they are just pandering to him and letting him leave just to be nice.

They could do a shit load with that money, off the pitch as well as on it.

Still don’t like how he has gone about it though with that embarrassing message.

When Dan Ashworth left Brighton I saw a quote from them stating that it's a club policy not to stand in the way of any staff that want to leave the club, I think that's probably how they attract players to them in the first place, so in that sense can't really complain when players or staff want to leave, but in Caicedo's case he's obviously gone about it in the wrong way, and given he's not even played a PL season worth of games for them probably asking to leave sooner than reasonably would have been expected and The Seagulls are understandably aggrieved.

Their fans getting fed up as well as recently lost Cucurell, Bissouma, Trossard, Ashworth, and Potter and his staff in quick succession.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Their fans getting fed up as well as recently lost Cucurell, Bissouma, Trossard, Ashworth, and Potter and his staff in quick succession.

However they find themselves in much better positions both positionaly and financially and arguably playing better football under the new coaches 

Football fans eh :D

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I get the argument that Caicedo is being ungrateful, but if Brighton get £80m for him it’s not as if they are just pandering to him and letting him leave just to be nice.

£80m for Caicedo is insane isn't it? One for the Games Gone thread. 

The 'value' of players has no basis in reality. Well, it hasn't for years, but recently, even more so. 

• Like 1

Â