January Transfers 2023

sne

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah not long ago few weeks back I think

Ok thanks. Fair enough to them. I thought they were going down for sure. But now it’s getting interesting. Glad we’re not near the relegation places. Could be the strongest relegation battle if it continued this way. 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

That statement only works if we were also in for him.

I mean blowing us out the water with their money spending.
blows our record signing fee out the window once again. Newcastle signing 2/3 40 Mil + players a season. Whilst we have just 1 in the last what decade? which is Buendia

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did you wxpwct anything less. They are the richest club in the world now. To be honest i think he is average 

Don't think he would be a signing that screams that money though

We could make that signing, so could the likes of West ham

Someone like pino for £70m+ is the statement not gordon

Brighton absolutely killing it arent they!?

Moises Caicedo, 28 appearances for the club, subject of £60m bid from Arsenal. They are in a position to turn it down if they like, or cash in and make another ridiculous profit. Think what they’ve already recouped on Cucurella, Trossard, Bissouma, Ben White, etc. etc… even raked in a nice windfall from Potter and instantly upgraded him. Their scouts just replenish the ranks with more gems and they always sell high and buy low. Mitoma the next one the conveyor belt.

Superbly run club, I must say. Always give us 3 points too.

• Like 1

so if you add the 40m for Gordon, Newcastle have a net spend of:

22/23 - 177m

21/22 - 131m

20/21 - 40m

so 348m net.

thats compared to ours of:

22/23 - 44m

21/22 - 3m

20/21 - 98m

thats 145m.

yikes.

53 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Brighton absolutely killing it arent they!?

Moises Caicedo, 28 appearances for the club, subject of £60m bid from Arsenal. They are in a position to turn it down if they like, or cash in and make another ridiculous profit. Think what they’ve already recouped on Cucurella, Trossard, Bissouma, Ben White, etc. etc… even raked in a nice windfall from Potter and instantly upgraded him. Their scouts just replenish the ranks with more gems and they always sell high and buy low. Mitoma the next one the conveyor belt.

Superbly run club, I must say. Always give us 3 points too.

How sustainable is it long term though? They're doing well but it's a model other clubs (like Southampton) have historically employed, ultimately done nothing with in terms of success and eventually the conveyor belt stopped as the new guys turned out to be duds.

• Like 1

Just now, icouldtelltheworld said:

Can anyone give me a clue as go what Anthony Gordon has done to be worth £40m?

Has a lot of similarities with Howe's past transfer mistakes tbh

He has a cracking dive on him

• Haha 1

Â