Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/11/2022 at 15:02, brommy said:

It probably depends on the individual. I expect it might be fluid for some but that's not for this thread. I expect Unai's nationality would state Spanish on his passport and he'll be cheering on Spain in the WC. 

Isn't his only involvement in basque football been with Real Sociedad? I believe they are less explicitly nationalist than Athletic Bilbao. Plus he moved out of the area in his early 20s and has managed all around Spain and elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

We were told though that Gerrard also  spent endless hours preparing the match and analysing each player. Either that was bullshit or what he told them made them perform even worse.

The players lacked eye contact ability.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, burchy said:

Love the new training video and Unai’s coaches shouting ‘one, two’ all the time and ‘switch play’ drills. 

I genuinely think we’ve landed an amazing manager and I haven’t been this optimistic as a Villa fan ever I don’t think. Bring on the return of real football. 

I also think the club shop need to get on the Unai clipboard bandwagon, they could sell thousands.

Definitely will be walking around with a clipboard from now on ;)

How many u23s/u21s are in the video? Looked like a few when they were walking out but not faces I could put a name to....

11 hours ago, burchy said:

Love the new training video and Unai’s coaches shouting ‘one, two’ all the time and ‘switch play’ drills. 

I genuinely think we’ve landed an amazing manager and I haven’t been this optimistic as a Villa fan ever I don’t think. Bring on the return of real football. 

I also think the club shop need to get on the Unai clipboard bandwagon, they could sell thousands.

The drills were really slow as well. Its as if he might be drilling things into our players until they become second nature. And then speeding them up. Muscle memory kind of thing. Remember the intensity of the gerrard sessions. All 100 miles an hour. This is different ( but might just be first day back light load ) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

It's the air conditioned training facilities. Did you not listen to Qataris? 

Our owners have paid for a like-for-like rebuild of BMH in Dubai; complete with realistic temperature control.

And the boys thought they were having "warm weather training"... 

• Haha 1

Â