Unai Emery

PeterSw

Matty Cash:

"We are buzzing. I really don’t think the club has a ceiling, it is such a big club. I think we have the perfect manager and the sky is the limit. Hopefully we can keep progressing in the right direction."

Wow they've seriously bought into him in a very short time. Class!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Matty Cash:

"We are buzzing. I really don’t think the club has a ceiling, it is such a big club. I think we have the perfect manager and the sky is the limit. Hopefully we can keep progressing in the right direction."

Wow they've seriously bought into him in a very short time. Class!

not really a lot to be bought into really. His trophy cabinet and profile is bigger than nearly every player in our squad

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im absolutely delighted with his start but I do think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.  Don’t forget Gerrard had us winning 4 of his first 6 games.

We cant deny the new manager bounce is a thing.

The difference is you can take confidence in this one because of his track record. A lot more reassuring than winning the Sectarian Tennis Match.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yep, all we've seen so far is a few fist pumps and smiles, then he's off down the tunnel. I'd much rather see that then shaking hands with every Tom Dick and Harry.

And he knows what he's doing. He's a little calculated (in a good way), but mentality wise he is so much more mature than Gerrard it's crazy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

The other thing I haven't seen mentioned much is the draw that is Emery.  People think players joined Villa because of Gerrard. And they did in fairness to him. But that will be nothing compared to the prospect of wanting to play under Emery. We've gone up in stature in so many ways by his appointment 🥰🥰🥰

Very true. Roll on January.

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

The other thing I haven't seen mentioned much is the draw that is Emery.  People think players joined Villa because of Gerrard. And they did in fairness to him. But that will be nothing compared to the prospect of wanting to play under Emery. We've gone up in stature in so many ways by his appointment 🥰🥰🥰

I can't wait to see the reaction when his first signing is Eddie Nketiah or Mustafi 😛

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I can't wait to see the reaction when his first signing is Eddie Nketiah or Mustafi 😛

Well I have no idea who those people are, but I trust him to know what he's doing, so he can sign Carlton Palmer for all I care. 

19 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he also know how much work there is to be done. The celebrations with the fans will come with the big achievements.

A nice big shiney cup please, I will buy you a pint afterwards in the Green Man 😉

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm trying not to let myself get carried away because we've been disappointed so many times before.

But I can't help being so excited at having Emery at the club.

It really feels like we've got a proper, proven manager for the first time in years. 

We've had a couple of false dawns. We probably all thought MON would be the guy to get us back to the top (and he had a good go at it), and I and many others thought Lambert would be the next big thing (how wrong we were)

But this just feels different.

I haven't been this excited about Villa for years and years

I think MON would have succeeded if the rug was not pulled from beneath his feet, he had done the real hard work as stabilising us a constant top six side and with the continued support of Lerner in the market  could have made the next transition. However there does seem like an alignment of the stars in this appointment, he would not have come without deep assurances of major support in the transfer market and also I like the fact Sawiris presented him very much as his man

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No disrespect to Smith who did an amazing job for us but Emery is the level of manager our owners must have wanted for a while.  I actually thought they were losing interest at one point with how long they stuck with Gerrard.   We can really push on.

Unai wouldn't take a Championship job so Smith is the reason he is here in the first place.

Build all the foundations. A foundation Gerrard actively tried to rip up.

Edited by Pinebro

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Unai wouldn't take a Championship job so Smith is the reason he is here in the first place.

Of course, it wasn’t a slight on Smith at all, he was the perfect man for the time and did all he could do.  He’s forever a legend in my eyes.   Whilst Gerrard was a very poor appointment I would say the squad in terms of personnel is stronger after he left than when he took over so not a complete disaster.  Emery has a lot to work with.

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It's frightening how close that charlatan came to doing so as well 

Â