Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Agree with all of this and would add that even predicting him is pointless, because he makes on-the-fly tactical substitutions all the time. If he sees something he doesn't like, he changes it, and he's able to solve because of his know-how.  I've now gone from the worry of having a poor manager in Gerrard to the worry of having a manager we'll struggle to hold on to in Emery. Ah the joys of supporting Villa :D

You make a great point BOF. Far too many times as supporters we have seen our plan A get snuffed out and be forced to watch us lose, where now we have someone who can make the changes that rectify. And it will come from logic, rather than the luck of a moment of magic *TM from a substitution.

I don't want to go on a binge and jump on everything he does is great, but so far so good.....I very much like what I see, including the following:

but, One thing, some have commented on, is his going straight down the tunnel after games.

I am totally in support of this action....It shows another sign of breeding consistency.

It's no good coming out and waving to the fans after a win, and running for cover, when we lose.....That is just selectionism and it doesn't sit well with me.

If the players come out and show their appreciation, to us fine.....but the manager, IMO should stay aloof.

I am not in favour of managers, showing out to the crowd....no more ego's.

I have come to see the players play, I don't expect praise for it, its nice, when they do clap us off, but I don't expect it......but I don't particularly want the manager doing it.

I want the manager to be a bit reserved....and I think he is, and I like it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

In 2 games he has got us as many points as SG in 3/4 of a season.

It's unbelievable the change he's implemented in such a short time.  You can actually see the difference on the pitch. With Carlos coming back and maybe 1 or two additions in January, he could have us firing by the end of Feb.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Agree with all of this and would add that even predicting him is pointless, because he makes on-the-fly tactical substitutions all the time. If he sees something he doesn't like, he changes it, and he's able to solve because of his know-how.  I've now gone from the worry of having a poor manager in Gerrard to the worry of having a manager we'll struggle to hold on to in Emery. Ah the joys of supporting Villa :D

I’d say he will also have fans accepting he knows what he is doing even if they do not agree with his choices.  Until we lose a game that is ;)

Its so good finally having an elite manager. In terms of track record he is arguably the best manager we have ever had.

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't want to go on a binge and jump on everything he does is great, but so far so good.....I very much like what I see, including the following:

but, One thing, some have commented on, is his going straight down the tunnel after games.

I am totally in support of this action....It shows another sign of breeding consistency.

It's no good coming out and waving to the fans after a win, and running for cover, when we lose.....That is just selectionism and it doesn't sit well with me.

If the players come out and show their appreciation, to us fine.....but the manager, IMO should stay aloof.

I am not in favour of managers, showing out to the crowd....no more ego's.

I have come to see the players play, I don't expect praise for it, its nice, when they do clap us off, but I don't expect it......but I don't particularly want the manager doing it.

I want the manager to be a bit reserved....and I think he is, and I like it.

Yep, all we've seen so far is a few fist pumps and smiles, then he's off down the tunnel. I'd much rather see that then shaking hands with every Tom Dick and Harry.

• Like 3

I think he will get the best out of Coutinho also. I think people overlooked the work off the ball Coutinho did. Nobody from our attacking 5 was firing at all under Gerrard. Coutinho is massively talented and Emery has shown he can resurrect and enhance players careers. I look forward to him having a fit Coutinho and Carlos to pick from too

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yep, all we've seen so far is a few fist pumps and smiles, then he's off down the tunnel. I'd much rather see that then shaking hands with every Tom Dick and Harry.

I think he also know how much work there is to be done. The celebrations with the fans will come with the big achievements.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I know, I am old fashioned, but I liked Ron Saunders demeanor......surley, no non sense, doesn't want to be everyones friend, just do the business.

Managers, can't run with the pack......sure that has to be tempered in a working environment (BMH) but on Match day, I like UE's demeanor.

He is not the most fluent, with his English, but that might be a good thing, He won't be forensically interrogated by the Press/Media or questioned on his every move.

I want our manager to be a bit detached....The only ones, who need to understand him are the players and 4 are South American, so they should understand him.

No, I am really pleased with the way he carries himself.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d say he will also have fans accepting he knows what he is doing even if they do not agree with his choices.  Until we lose a game that is ;)

Its so good finally having an elite manager. In terms of track record he is arguably the best manager we have ever had.

In terms of what he has done, yes.

but he has to do it, with us, for that to be meaningful, to us.

it's much too early to get carried away, with what we are going to do.....but it's equally fair to see, the changes in our approach, have been significant.

I still believe, we need some quality strengthening, and I just hope, we can bring in players who can help us get to the next level.

so, far, his ingenuity, has helped markedly......but we need to get to the January window, and then make a real difference.

If we can bring in players of the quality of Kamara, his job will be made all the more easier.

I think Coutinho, could have unfinished business with us , under Unai Emery.

I think Unai, may well feel he can get the best out of him, despite the friendship with the previous manager.

That might make ALL the difference.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

It's unbelievable the change he's implemented in such a short time.  You can actually see the difference on the pitch. With Carlos coming back and maybe 1 or two additions in January, he could have us firing by the end of Feb.

Im pretty sure after rupturing his achilles hes not coming back this season at least

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zak said:

Im pretty sure after rupturing his achilles hes not coming back this season at least

I believe he's due back in January based in the reports. I imagine it wasn't a complete rupture of his tendon of he's due back early in new year 

Â