Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

Full credit to the manager for the setup which saw us through albeit with some tweaks. Could've won if the officials weren't the usual terrible level we see far too often. Let a lot go for them and incorrectly stopped play when Phil scored - why not let it go and review? 100% if it was the other way round it would've been checked after the goal and then given.

The players gave a good account of themselves, special mention for Mings for pocketing Haaland for most of the game and Young for a very assured performance coming off the bench. Luiz MUST play with Kamara from here on out he adds so much to our midfield. I don't care which of JJ or McGinn miss out but on current form it should be John to sit on the bench for a few games.

If we shift to 4231 or a midfield 3 without both JJ and McGinn we will do better and we've been saying this for too long now.

Main thing now is to take the momentum or confidence from this game in to the next few.

Stay of execution for Stevie, long road to show us more from here.

• Like 2

Bailey MOTM. The goal was brilliant but he also worked his socks off and was really defensively aware. That takes a huge amount of concentration from a flair player like him.

Credit to Gerrard, we have been livid with recent performances, we’ve looked a shambles. Even if we’d lost I’d have been much happier. Great shape. Well coached.

VAR is essentially now just another way for officials to mess up. You don’t flag for offside until play breaks down or there’s a goal. There is nothing to lose. VAR can check. The officials are incompetent. 

A vital point.

Europe here we come!!!!!

Seriously though we should retrospectively be given 2 extra points. Absolute disgrace those officials.

Also, I know City’s finishing let them down early doors but it appears it’s not our players who have the problem then after all.

Â