Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

Fantastic point. Well deserved lads, you did me proud. Hopefully that can shut up the winge bags for a while.

The manager deserves credit for keeping the self - belief amongst the players, it certainly showed tonight and we got what we deserved. 

Let's take that momentum into next week. Buzzing. 

• Like 3

Delighted with the point.  Also happy with the fact that we tried something different tactically for once.

Nice job, Gerrard...  It only took you 33 matches to win a point against a top 6 side... You'll have to wait another week or two to become the worst manager in our history at this rate!

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Just sign the new deal

edit - apologies, thought I was in the Luiz thread  :trollface:

You didn't edit that you lying word removed

• Haha 1

Gerrard.  Please learn that this is how you setup a team. You don't play a formation that pulls the midfield completely away from the middle of the park

Deserved a draw, corrupt officials prevented us winning. Not sure how I feel. 

Can Gerrard be trusted to keep picking a sensible formation? Does he deserve a chance to show that he can?

• Like 1

Young changed the game when he came on.

Simply his ability to always look for the forward pass really altered our dynamic.

Kudos must be given to Gerrard for altering the shape which restricted Citys attacking game.

• Like 3

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not at all. Absolute BS. Line ref shouldn’t have raised his flag considering he had no clear view of that.

Makes me feel worse when they changed the rules to give them that offside goal, called us all idiots before quietly admitting it was a mistake.

• Like 3

Â