Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Surely VAR should have checked that offside goal?

The ref blew the bloody whistle for no bloody reason.
Should’ve ignored the flag and let the game play

Once he blows the whistle, VAR can’t do shit

Edited by Thug

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Ramsey doesn't touch it

ezgif-com-gif-maker-5.gif

I think the lines think he does hence th flag at that point. Also, the ref blows his whistle BEFORE Coutinho strikea the ball, which is why a VAR cannot look at it. Makes my piss boil, but thems the rules.

Dodgy first 20 minutes, decent 25, then we were superb second half considering our form coming into this. This and Arsenal he's surely lear t you can't have the fall backs bomb ok in this league? 

Be interesting to see now how he sets us up when the focus is on us to take the game rather than sit and hit on the break.

Special mention to Ashley Young. Superb.

• Like 2

The result is great and but for a dodgy piece of match officiating we may have won the match.

What I enjoyed seeing today though most was the players working hard and to a system, okay the system was stand off them and wait for them to make the occasional error but they still stuck to it, heads didn’t drop after they scored and we got our rewards, with a bit of luck in terms of the chances they proceeded to miss.

Let’s hope this is a turning point, Young played really well today, even if Cash is available for the next match (which I’d say is highly doubtful) I’d stick with young, Cash has been shite this season.

Went for Luiz MoTM though, composed and accurate on the ball, was worried he’d be distracted and pissed off but seemingly not.

Weird to say given our recent form that we were done dirty by the officials! 

The savviest performance in his time here. Well done. 

Edited by Dale

Hard to choose MOTM. Kamara, Luiz, Young, Bailey, Watkins, JJ, Mings, Martinez, Digne - all great today. Young's experience and cool head was massive. Went with Luiz for ball retention, passing, aggression. Sign a new deal please.

SG said before the game that Luiz situation has been ongoing since summer - might explain dropping him - as only a blind man would miss his quality.

Manager... I've given him loads of abuse, but deserves great feedback today. That said - it's the toothless performances against the teams around us and below that have led him to being in trouble. We always show heart against the big guns. 

• Like 1

Nig big organised effort from everyone playing. Fair play to both the players and Gerrard, he should he could change it up and is not the numpty we all (including me) though, a bit of egg on mine and many fans faces. 

A team that was looking lost and a bit negative, well today we showed courage and fought like lions. I like what I saw… We were more sensible with our formation and play today. 

Â