Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well he blew the whistle since the linesman raised the flag.

VAR by the rules couldn't look at it as he blew the whistle BEFORE Coutinho strook the ball. Had it been blown after it had a duty to look at the goal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dale said:

See my last post. The referee can over rule an assistant as he sees fit. It'd have been appropriate for him to wait for the move to continue in this instance. 

Correct.

Law V: "The decisions of the referee regarding facts connected with play, including whether or not a goal is scored and the result of the match, are final."

Law VI: "Other match officials (two assistant referees, fourth official, two additional assistant referees, reserve assistant referee, video assistant referee (VAR) and at least one assistant VAR (AVAR)) may be appointed to matches. They will assist the referee in controlling the match in accordance with the Laws of the Game but the final decision will always be taken by the referee."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

spacer.png

See how easy that was @Thug? Lol

Do you think he blew it because the play was going laterally? Or was he just being incompetent?

I think he blew it because he considered the goal scoring chance to have gone. And he'll have regretted that within a second. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thug said:

I’m being the child?!

mate google the rules.

And in future I suggest you check facts before calling someone a child.

I await your apology.

Oh feck off. You provided no evidence to prove I was wrong. Just a childish “no he doesn’t” response twice. Good luck getting an apology.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

spacer.png

See how easy that was @Thug? Lol

Do you think he blew it because the play was going laterally? Or was he just being incompetent?

Are you serious?

You want to be spoon fed basic rules?

I suggest that if you’re not sure, do a little research before arguing about it.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Oh feck off. You provided no evidence to prove I was wrong. Just a childish “no he doesn’t” response twice. Good luck getting an apology.

Oh my god.

I told you a FACT.

‘No he doesn’t.’

did you ‘provide evidence’ when you said ‘he has to blow’?

so YOU feck off you hypocrite 

Edited by Thug

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And Carragher said it was marginally offside - geniunely give up sometimes.

He did originally. After the first replay. Assume he was just looking at Coutinho's position at the point of supposed contact and assumed the lino couldn't have possibly got the fundamentals wrong.

Then when shown a further replay confirmed he felt it was the wrong decision. 

10 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Cash is so limited on the ball imo

He's good at advancing it...it's the final ball that lets him down sometimes.

I thought he kept getting burned on the defensive end today...Pep seems to target him these days (like their first and third goals in May).

Credit where credit is due, we had structure, we were a team and for the first time this season we looked like we knew what the plan was.

Personally, I would still sack him.  However, he has earned the right for the next two now.  He may just have stumbled on his best team, his best structure so let’s see what he does next

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good result and a good game plan to get that good result.

We clearly have the players to play better than we have been and they have been held back by poor choices in formation and poor player choices.

Gerrard made the right choices today and that has almost certainly bought him the Leicester and Southampton games. Now he needs to show he has learnt from the choices and it wasn't just luck

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Just to be clear, you are wrong.  Go find your own evidence 😉

• Thanks 1

Â