Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Rather than can't, there is no point, regardless whether it was onside or offside, once the whistle has gone a goal cannot be given

Exactly, everyone was just standing around. Frustration should be aimed at the linesman, not the ref blowing his whistle.

• Like 1

Just now, jim said:

Well yeah.

1 draw against the worse I've seen Man City play in a good while, don't change my mind.

Let's see against Leicester and Southampton before we can judge. At the moment it's like trying again with the Ex who has made your life a misery.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'll take it!

Mings my MOTM...he had Halaand in his pocket. Pep clearly switched Halaand over to their left side in the second half to get him away from Mings, and it worked.

Doug and Kamara simply have to play together in midfield. That's the best midfield has looked.

Young did better than Cash, it has to be said.

Bailey hardly had any touches, but he made the big one count.

Digne was better today than he has been.

OK, now the down side. Konsa simply can't start anymore. I thought playing Konsa somewhat justified today because we needed his pace to deal with Halaand. However, when Konsa was on him, he let him drift away for the goal. Pace doesn't help if you have no idea where your mark is. He is reading the game very poorly. Konsa out.

City did have some really poor finishing in the first half that helped us, but that's football. Even they aren't invincible.

As for the offside...clearly a bad decision, but Ederson might have stopped it if the whistle hadn't gone.

EDIT: Forgot to say...the Christmas tree variation of the 4-3-3 is better than the diamond.

Edited by TomC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

1 draw against the worse I've seen Man City play in a good while, don't change my mind.

Let's see against Leicester and Southampton before we can judge. At the moment it's like trying again with the Ex who has made your life a misery.

You thought Man City were bad today? Wow.

Thought we’d get smashed but we did well.  

We looked like we were going to park the bus but then grew into the game.

It wasnt City’s normal flowing performance but we can only play what’s in front of us.

Credit to Gerrard, think he should still be fired and one drop doesn’t make an ocean but he earnt his money today, so fair dues to him.

Thought Young had a really good game.  Delighted for the fans.

No surprise we got done by the officials and so be it that a goal was wrongly ruled out.

I’m a happy tonight.

• Like 2

Â