Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Talk of him coming back into the side has reminded me of one or two awful comments about/towards him after the Stevenage game. Proper out of order and cringe some of the reactions were.

It was spectacularly epicly bad though weren’t it…

I’m sure the lad has learnt from it 

3 hours ago, Rossco76 said:

Kamaras was worse imo. Luiz did it too. 

So each of the 3 CMs we have all did the exact same thing so far under Emery.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Kamaras was worse imo. Luiz did it too. 

So each of the 3 CMs we have all did the exact same thing so far under Emery.

The other two didn't get sent off in the process. Also the other two were put in a tricky situation by being passed to in the process. Martinez made the wrong choice of pass.

Not hating but it was a poor mistake, which he followed up with a stupid foul and red card. That's just the reality.

Best man to step into the team regardless. Defends well, is good in the air, and with Luiz alongside him, the playing out shouldn't suffer too much.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rossco76 said:

He's a Belgian international who made the same mistake as three of our other players have made. When he was in the team before Kamara came back he was playing well and was an important part of some good wins.

I don't think he's the worst footballer in the world. He's been very competent but do we see a season next year when he actually plays?

We're going to sign Guendouzi or A N other. He's just a symptom of our really really poor recruitment. Last minute.com and he'll cost us 20m out of FFP in total for a stop gap.

• Like 1

I think he’ll be moved on in the summer or next January (unless we qualify for european competition ) simply because we’ll bring in a quality midfielder like Guendouzi which would limit his minutes even more. I don’t think he’s a bad player he’s certainly a different option and might fair well against a physical side like West Ham. I think some on here are miffed that darling boy Sanson is gone and he’s still here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

The other two didn't get sent off in the process. Also the other two were put in a tricky situation by being passed to in the process. Martinez made the wrong choice of pass.

Not hating but it was a poor mistake, which he followed up with a stupid foul and red card. That's just the reality.

Best man to step into the team regardless. Defends well, is good in the air, and with Luiz alongside him, the playing out shouldn't suffer too much.

Tbf the Luiz one was definitely on Martinez. He was already being pressed from behind as he received it. He had to accelerate to receive it, and it was a foul.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Then he made a mistake against Stevenage ( A mistake other " favourite " players have made ), and became the worst footballer in the world again.

Villa fans are the best.

Can you point me in the direction where I bagged him…?

My mind hasn’t been changed.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Then he made a mistake against Stevenage ( A mistake other " favourite " players have made ), and became the worst footballer in the world again.

Villa fans are the best.

You just know that he will be MOTM on Sunday now! 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Villa fans are the best.

Not sure of your reasons are for quoting multiple people here but I haven’t knocked him?  If anything, I’ve always praised him.

• Like 2

He’s a decent player and we are lucky that we have a ready made No.6 replacement for Kamara whilst he’s injured, so we do not have to play someone out of position. Most fans would have written off McGinn as a waste of space before Emery arrived, now he is a starter, so let’s give the Donk a chance eh? 

Â