Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Poor mistake, but I think he's a decent player overall.  Just "one of those things".

Decent players don't get you top 8

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

It was just one poor touch that put him in the shit. It happens.

Poor touch only you having a laugh and two goals after.

Also his performance as a whole was very poor.

He was one of the most anonymous players. He had his chance and blew it

Edited by Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Poor touch only you having a laugh and two goals after.

Also his performance as a whole was very poor.

He was one of the most anonymous players. He had his chance and blew it

He was hardly anonymous if you remember he was poor the whole game 😉

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

No, but that would've been a free kick.  The penalty must have been given for the trip inside the box.

With pulling the foul is where the pulling ends, which was inside the box.

The red card and the penalty are both correct, was 100% Dendoncker doing everything wrong in that situation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MentalM said:

The red card and the penalty are both correct, was 100% Dendoncker doing everything wrong in that situation. 

100% agreed. I dont think i have seen a player make three collosal **** ups in such a short space of time

Still though the switch off for their corner. Ollie jogging out to block the shot. We know if that was Mings he'd full sprint out. If Mings or Martinez were on the pitch that goal isn't scored. If Kamara is the one passed to by Olsen he doesn't miscontrol. 

Dendoncker is a decent player and was a decent price. He plays multiple positions and is big. He's useful for the squad and he made a mistake yesterday. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Ooh, you're right, I didn't know this rule but it is in the laws:

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MentalM said:

I agree it was poor play but no one is ever ever ever going to convince me that it's a good idea to play the ball to a player in the middle of the pitch just outside the penalty area with his back to the field of play surrounded by opposition players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I agree it was poor play but no one is ever ever ever going to convince me that it's a good idea to play the ball to a player in the middle of the pitch just outside the penalty area with his back to the field of play surrounded by opposition players. 

It might be not the greatest choice by Olsen, but that goal is 100% on Dendoncker. He had plenty of time to pass it back to Olsen, he just missed his first touch and **** up.

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Seriously. What the **** is this decision making to give him the ball

ivBBXJz.png

By the time it gets to him he's got two men closing him down, and anything less than a perfect first touch, and he's in trouble

YQ1G7yp.png

He has to do better with his first touch, but it was madness, Olsen throws him under the bus

What option does he really have? Back to Olsen and he's getting closed down and can't pick it up, over to Digne and it's being intercepted. Best option is probably over to his left but he's turned away from them. Best option with what he knows was probably a one touch pass back to Olsen, but that just highlights how stupid it was to give it to him in the first place

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

ivBBXJz.png

By the time it gets to him he's got two men closing him down, and anything less than a perfect first touch, and he's in trouble

YQ1G7yp.png

He has to do better with his first touch, but it was madness, Olsen throws him under the bus

Every time Olsen touches the ball to pass it from the back I get nervous. Leander had more time on the ball than he realised but just made all the wrong choices. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

ivBBXJz.png

YQ1G7yp.png

What option does he really have? Back to Olsen and he's getting closed down and can't pick it up, over to Digne and it's being intercepted. Best option is probably over to his left but he's turned away from them. Best option with what he knows was probably a one touch pass back to Olsen, but that just highlights how stupid it was to give it to him in the first place

The pass is fine it's Dendoncker who should pass it to Chambers right so he can run onto it, or out to Young further to his left. 

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Every time Olsen touches the ball to pass it from the back I get nervous. Leander had more time on the ball than he realised but just made all the wrong choices. 

Reminds me of the pass from Emi to Luiz vs. Brighton, right in the same area too with a player closing them down from behind.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MentalM said:

It might be not the greatest choice by Olsen, but that goal is 100% on Dendoncker. He had plenty of time to pass it back to Olsen, he just missed his first touch and **** up.

Which is why my first words were I agree it's poor play by Dendonker 

• Like 1

Â