Match Thread: LC2: Bolton v Villa

limpid

Just now, jacketspuds said:

A lot of if’s but I can’t see how we will have anything close to an average season if we don’t sign a better CM or if we don’t have a manager that can play a system that will actually work.

If we can't even boss a League 1 side, it's not the players that is the issue.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

What is wrong with 4-2-3-1??

This formation is awful

Playing 2 DMs is turgid and nonsensical, partly because if you're a #6 and you've got another one beside you, and 4 lads behind, that's already the majority of the team in its own half of the pitch. So in possession you've got zero incentive to 'try' anything, and unless you're magic then the majority of the time it will not come off. No point playing a safe pass to the likes of **** McGinn in front of you, as he'll just lose it. We're poor passers anyway, so that doesn't help of course.

I'm concerned with the capacity of our executive team at the moment....how can they not see what we are all seeing, more importantly how are they not acting and pulling the trigger on gerrard and getting a statesmanlike tactician in to take us to the next level....someone with credibility and respect in the game like pochetino

• Like 2

Last year we took a pretty strong Chelsea side to penalties with a side including steer, tuanzebe, hause, young, sanson, nakamba, archer, el ghazhi and traore

Tonight we are playing a pretty much 1st choice 11 and look clueless against league 1 opposition

• Like 2

I'm here and I'm **** pissed.

The players have no idea of the structure, they look lost and devoid of any plan or tactics.

This is a third division side and they have been the better team.

Even if we fluke a win, he has to go I take no pleasure in saying that. This is beyond him. **** buying more players..pay Pochettino £25m for 2 seasons to fix this **** mess.

• Like 1

Not sure what to make of it.

In the three areas:

We still look weak at the back - Digne has had his third poor game of the season and his obvious understudy isn't even on the bench. Mings is holding this line together.

In midfield, the shape is still wrong, Doug needs to be deeper alongside Kamara, McGinn can play in front of them but someone needs to take one of his cookies away every time he tries a long Holywood diagonal. It would be interesting to see Ramsey there in the second half, but what I'd really like to see it Kamara and a new midfielder behind Luiz.

Up front, Watkins gets in behind defences in the corners, Ings has some knowhow around the box and Coutinho is capable of opening up defences - none of them are really doing that and they look like this is the first time they've ever met.

I think we'll win, we're more than a match for Bolton. 

But then they are a league one side.

We're going to get battered by Arsenal and Man City - the West Ham game is Gerrard's job.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

Our system is absolutely dog water as is our coach. Messi himself would find it difficult to shine in this team. Excise the shit manager and get a proper coach in and you'll see an upturn in player performance.

To be clear this is prime 2012 messi. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

He was voted player of the season what.. 4 months before Gerrard came in like a wrecking ball?

I remember sarr tearing him a new one first game of the season and he got hooked at half time, I thought he was dreadful from then on!