Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

He is a pacy versatile winger wide forward or covers left and right wing and can play centrally. He is literally exactly the type of player we need,… as well as other pressing areas. As I said earlier this doesn’t mean they are blind to what is needed 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I stand corrected, you might be right.

So was it a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 he moved away from?

I could be getting mixed up myself. It was on a podcast and I think the fan had said they’d played 442 in the championship, so maybe it was 4231 they moved away from. 

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He is a pacy versatile winger wide forward or covers left and right wing and can play centrally. He is literally exactly the type of player we need,… as well as other pressing areas. As I said earlier this doesn’t mean they are blind to what is needed 

Really?? So, not prioritising an 8 is not blind???

1 minute ago, eholm said:

To be fair, a deal being completed before another, foenst mean there aren't others 

But if it turns out this is the only deal it will b very strange 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

What's the point?  Doesn't he like to play wide right?  Is he going to start over Cash. Must be the new manager already getting input on transfers. 

Wasn't woy hodgson manager their not long ago😳

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Why has signing Sarr proved we aren’t signing and prioritising an 8 ? We may have had other forward targets in mind but chose Sarr to divert cash towards towards a number 8? Literally proves nothing, he’s been signed and not an 8. You cannot force clubs to sell, the club cannot be bent over on fees & wages agent fees, players actually have to want to sign… Domino effects … so no, no blindness for me just reality of his football actually works. 

• Thanks 1

We’ve got rid of Trez and Traore and El Ghazi will soon follow… I’ll repeat myself again he’s can play left right or as a CF FFS … His ability and versatility is exactly what we need 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Oh great another fecking winger. I just give up. 

A winger when our full backs play as wingers and we don’t play wingers.

Sound. 

Starting to think Lange and co. are a bunch of f****** muppets. 

Our world class scouting system has managed to pluck another unknown gem from an unknown league…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Absolute panic signing this. If we wanted him we could have got this done months ago.

But this missed the whole bigger picture of transfers.

For example we have xxx £££ budget to buy  yyy players. We target the players we want but maybe xxx &&& yyy don’t align so we’ll have to find a way they do. Jonathan David a similar  player may have been the top target but would cost say €50mill. Now to sign the #8 we want it’s gunna cost us another €50mill and we need a CB - the issue is we can only spend €70mill. So do you switch targets to divert cash, isn’t that sensible and the opposite of panic? Just one of the many reasons we could’ve signed Sarr now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Baffled by people saying we don't need him or a player of his type, we've lost Chukwuemeka who was being utilized in the final third last season, as well as Trezeguet, and El Ghazi and Traore looking like they're on the way out too, we're definitley short in the final third, we've only got Coutinho, Buendia, and Bailey as wide No.10 / wide forward options, beyond playing players out of position.

Also I think this 'we don't play with wingers' thing is a strange thing that people keep coming out with, it's kind of true, but it's also true of most clubs, old fashioned wingers barely exist as players any more, Sarr would play as a wide forward, similar to how we use Bailey.

On the player himself I've always been impressed with him whenever I've seen Watford, both in Premier League and the Championship, have to say I was disappointed when It looked like he might be joining Leeds and then Palace, would be pleased if we could get him, as I've said before reminds of the kind of attacker I always use to associate with the best Villa side, which is skilful wiht a lot of pace.

You think most clubs set up with their wide forwards or wingers as narrow as we do?

I think that's rubbish. 

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

A winger when our full backs play as wingers and we don’t play wingers.

Sound. 

Starting to think Lange and co. are a bunch of f****** muppets. 

Our world class scouting system has managed to pluck another unknown gem from an unknown league…

I hoping we're looking to play with an actual shape, not just one disciplined CM and a bunch of strangers on a park.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Baffled by people saying we don't need him or a player of his type, we've lost Chukwuemeka who was being utilized in the final third last season, as well as Trezeguet, and El Ghazi and Traore looking like they're on the way out too, we're definitley short in the final third, we've only got Coutinho, Buendia, and Bailey as wide No.10 / wide forward options, beyond playing players out of position.

Also I think this 'we don't play with wingers' thing is a strange thing that people keep coming out with, it's kind of true, but it's also true of most clubs, old fashioned wingers barely exist as players any more, Sarr would play as a wide forward, similar to how we use Bailey.

On the player himself I've always been impressed with him whenever I've seen Watford, both in Premier League and the Championship, have to say I was disappointed when It looked like he might be joining Leeds and then Palace, would be pleased if we could get him, as I've said before reminds of the kind of attacker I always use to associate with the best Villa side, which is skilful wiht a lot of pace.

This. It's as if people have slept on tactical developments for the last 20 years. 

Â