Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is why I'm floating the idea that we probably want stronger players all over the pitch, even in forward areas, which I'd actually agree with.

I like Bailey, really but I have a sinking inevitable feeling he may just be too lightweight.

Perhaps like Coutinho he is more of a Home player.

• Like 2

This isn't a panic move after today's game, it has been in negotiation for some time albeit I understand we offered less so maybe today changed our bid. If we get him fit and hungry to prove himself then he'll be a handful and a useful and exciting asset.

Does he solve our "problems" ..... no. Does he strengthen our squad ..... yes !

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Corleone said:

tbh Ive never thought of him as Wife material but if he delivers the goods ill happily give him a kiss on his face

Bastard you caught this before the edit 🤣🤦🏿‍♂️

Ffs. My autocorrect is a nightmare.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Not sure about that, I’d rather have Bailey get a run of games and show what he did in Germany 

...... but that is Bailey for you. Good in brief showings but generally nothing special. That's what fans of his previous club warned. Useful sub but no way will he ever be a 90 minute man as proved once again today. Not good enough ! 

23 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Need a Central Midfielder and Central defender. Buy a winger for £25m. We don't have a transfer plan anymore do we. 

£25m isn’t much money tbf. We may have cash for another signing in centre mid. And we *did* sign a CB, but got unlucky there with injury.

I wonder how much this deal is being influenced by Davis going on loan and Hause going either on loan or permanently?

Perhaps it’s easier to shift a few million here and there between us when several deals are being done? 

4 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

...... but that is Bailey for you. Good in brief showings but generally nothing special. That's what fans of his previous club warned. Useful sub but no way will he ever be a 90 minute man as proved once again today. Not good enough ! 

So this will leave us spendings another 25 million on a position we have already blown almost 60 million on with little to show for it. El ghazi and Traore frozen out and value eroding, Trez sold at a loss, Bailey looking like a flop. We are throwing good money after bad. 

Not a world beater but a decent younger signing and im not going to let Gerrards poor management take the shine off a new signing joining us.

Welcome to VP Ismaila. All the best! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

£25m isn’t much money tbf. We may have cash for another signing in centre mid. And we *did* sign a CB, but got unlucky there with injury.

Yeah throwing more money at the problem to try and fix it has worked so well the past 10 years for Villa.

13 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I like Bailey, really but I have a sinking inevitable feeling he may just be too lightweight.

Perhaps like Coutinho he is more of a Home player.

Bailey isn't necessarily built for physical battles. He does looks tronger this season though.

He thrives with space to run into,  running onto quick balls, and has a hell of a shot on him.

The problem is, with the way we currently play, he'll rarely get any joy.

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Yeah throwing more money at the problem to try and fix it has worked so well the past 10 years for Villa.

Look, I’m as unconvinced by Gerrard and the current setup as you are, I was just making the point that this isn’t a crazy signing. Just adds a bit of squad depth in a position where we’re under strength. I agree it’s not the solution to anything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bailey isn't necessarily built for physical battles. He does looks tronger this season though.

He thrives with space to run into,  running onto quick balls, and has a hell of a shot on him.

The problem is, with the way we currently play, he'll rarely get any joy.

so whats the point in Sarr then?

imagine Sarr and Bailey's pace on either wing....and we dont use them....

The club really has no idea what it's doing. I don't think Sarr is very good whatsoever, never have done and very likely never will.

Why are we wasting money here when we have far more important issues to sort? 

Â